Weapon Upgradeing tips

#1GammaRedPosted 11/29/2010 4:43:19 PM

Hey all,

Just a few tips on weapon upgrades I have found.

When u find a weapon, say an assualt rifle, but ur ammo isnt full on the one u have, Try to leave a wep u havnt got on the feild, then swap it out after combat grab the full ammo version of the gun in question, then go back and get the one that isnt full, doing this will upgrade your weapon pahts very fast, in act 1, I have 2 level 9 weps and meny others level 4+ at only mission 4.

Try it, it reallly helps haveing the weps at high level

Oh one last thing, if you die, u lose an upgrade bar. So rather than going by checkpoints, restart when you die, this has 2 benifits. One, u dont lose any upgrade bars on ur weps. Second, the death dosnt count, and you will be working toward the acheavement not to die in any Difaculty.

#2godly-adamPosted 12/1/2010 1:45:16 PM

Cheers, I didn't consider doing that. Has sped the process up a lot.

#3GammaRed(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2010 5:04:56 PM

Glad it has helped someone other than myself, it rocks haveing almost all my weps maxed, also once the weps are maxed, you can play around with other weps, it has opened up my game play style alot, now that I can be effctive with almost every wep, even the boost mecheangun is very usefull at max level. But the one I really wanna max is the lazer cannon, *smiles in delight at the idea of useing a fully upgraded cannon*

Ta Ta For Now, hope more ppl use this tactic to upgrade, makes even Hard easyer to play.

#4ckccPosted 12/2/2010 10:07:12 AM
Try to leave a wep u havnt got on the feild, then swap it out after combat grab the full ammo version of the gun in question, then go back and get the one that isnt full

Ermmm...Can you please elaborate? I am a bit confused. All I need to do is just swap the same type of gun( one with full ammo and another without full ammo) repeatedly to upgrade the gun right?
#5ckccPosted 12/2/2010 10:33:24 AM
Nevermind. I found the answer.

Avoid Losing Vanquish Weapon Upgrades - Vanquish Weapon Upgrades Tricks

When you die, you will lose a portion of your weapon upgrades. To prevent this from happening, simply choose to return to the "Title Screen" instead of retrying after you die. Then, choose to "Continue" your game from the title screen to keep all your weapon upgrades.

● 2. Vanquish Weapon Upgrades Tip 1 - Vanquish Weapon Upgrades Tricks

Weapons are upgraded when you pick up an upgrade chip (one of those green laser cubes). The active weapon will upgrade one level, and retain any experience chevrons.

Weapons also slowly upgrade when you pick up the same weapon (with at least one round in it) thatís identical to one of the weapons that you have and that identical weapon that you have is maxed out with ammo. The weapon you picked up becomes an experience chevron. Getting three chevrons will improve the weapon by one level.

If you die, you will lose experience from your weapons.

● 3. Vanquish Weapon Upgrades Tip 2 - Vanquish Weapon Upgrades Tricks

You know how if you have full ammo and you pick up that same weapon type you go up a bar? But, obviously using a weapon depletes ammo (duh) and if you pick up a weapon of that same type then you only max out your ammo.

BUT! If you replace your weapon with something that you're not currently carrying, pick up the "new" weapon (which will have full ammo) and then go back and pick up your partially used weapon. Bingo, you'll go up a bar!

● 4. Vanquish Weapon Upgrades Problem and Answer - Vanquish Weapon Upgrades Tricks

Problem: I was playing through the game and upgrading my weapons as normal, then I wanted to replay the last mission. When I did all my weapon upgrades were gone.

Answer:

Every time you start the game from the Mission select instead of Continue, you will have all of your weapons set back to their default level. It's normal.

---
KC
#6Anodyne11Posted 12/2/2010 3:02:56 PM
"When you die, you will lose a portion of your weapon upgrades. To prevent this from happening, simply choose to return to the "Title Screen" instead of retrying after you die. Then, choose to "Continue" your game from the title screen to keep all your weapon upgrades."

this also nets you the achievement/trophy for completing the game without dying.
my first playthrough, as soon as i finished act 5 i got 5 trophies all at once because of that :P (i must have died 200+ times)
---
Final Fantasy XIV: Esthar Falcus - Trabia
Guild Wars: Duke Falcus
#7X3m_JackalPosted 12/12/2010 7:41:14 PM
Not sure if this is obvious, I just started playing this weekend (and finished it) so maybe everyone knows this already, but you can use the checkpoints to refill the weapons boxes and capsules. there are several checkpoints in an act (even during a battle) and some of the levels remain open so you can return almost to the beginning of the level to grab all the boxes again. once you reach a checkpoint (like defeating a boss) you just select checkpoint from the menu and the boxes are refilled. just make sure you open all the boxes before you reach the checkpoint.

so for example, when you reach the first tank boss in the plaza, there are several checkpoints during the battle you can use to exploit this. as soon as you enter, grab all the weapons boxes on the ground, defeat the bots, then the gate opens, reload the checkpoint and the boxes are filled. defeat the bots that come down the stairs and grab all the boxes again, go upstairs and grab all the boxes and weapons capsules. after you defeat the bots from the two carriers, the tank will show up, reload the checkpoint again. now grab all the boxes again. defeat the tank, and then reload one more time before proceeding through the gate.

remember that you can keep reloading the checkpoint if you don't like what's in the boxes (it's random) but the capsules always have the same weapon. I managed to max out all my weapons by middle of mission 3 like this. with some planning i'm sure you can max out all weapons by the end of mission 2. hope this helps someone.
#8Tyrone_LovePosted 12/13/2010 5:50:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips, this is gonna make my hard playthrough that much easier. But I was wondering something. If I upgrade a weapon then replace it for another one and keep playing, then after a while pick up the same weapon type I've upgraded before, will it be at the level it was when I replaced it or at zero ?
I was wondering because if I upgrade a sniper rifle or rpg for instance, ammo for these tend to be rare so I don't wanna keep them all the time but if leaving them means starting from scratch next time you pick it up I'll think twice about replacing them, and that would mean a waste of slot...
#9X3m_JackalPosted 12/14/2010 2:22:47 PM
it's the same level you left it at. you don't lose the "experience" if that's what you're asking. you can see levels for all weapons anytime by pausing and going to the armory menu.