Nba 2k11 myplayer 1st round draft pick help

#1matchakorkyPosted 6/9/2011 1:16:50 PM
`Do you guys have any tips on how to get a first round draft pick for either a centre. point guard or shooting guard
#2cinimodgdPosted 6/9/2011 2:59:15 PM
How to GET one or how to BE one?

You don't control anything draft or roster related in My Player mode other than where you get drafted after the 3 scouting combine games.
---
PSN cinimodgd
#3FishBelly13Posted 6/9/2011 4:16:12 PM

I'm not sure why you'd think someone would ask how to get a first round draft pick in My player when.......You don't control anything draft or roster related in My Player mode

other than where you get drafted after the 3 scouting combine games.

Which makes me wonder how you controlled where you get drafted? I've made players who were drafted higher and lower than what their predicted spot was going to be. Yes, playing good in the combine, and doing all the drills will help you get drafted higher, but you still won't get to control who drafts you.
#4SyRiPPosted 6/9/2011 4:46:54 PM
You can target a certain area of the draft by how well you do in the three draft scouting games.

I wanted to get drafted by the Knicks and the Knicks had an early second round pick for a SG (the position of my My Player). After the first two games of the draft scouting games I was projected to go in the pick before the Knicks, so I intentionally played poorly in the next game and was picked by the Knicks.

It obviously doesn't guarantee you'll be picked at that point, but if you know what team you want to play for, you need to first ensure that the team drafted your position in the draft. Then work towards performing to the right level to allow you to be projected in that area. It will likely take a few tries.
---
What is the sound of one hand poking? *pokes Eponine*
No offense but ur a loose cannon - Yurika 86
#5FishBelly13Posted 6/9/2011 9:36:54 PM
lmmfao What a waste of time for something so petty.
#6matchakorky(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2011 5:00:02 AM
No i meant is there anything i can do so i can get drafted in the first round like play longer quarters or focus on getting a good teammate grade or getting better stats and what things to improve on in each position toimprove my overall
#7cinimodgdPosted 6/10/2011 12:31:59 PM
FishBelly13 posted...

I'm not sure why you'd think someone would ask how to get a first round draft pick in My player when.......

Ummmmm....Because he SAID how do you GET a first round draft pick??? LOL

Fish says:
Which makes me wonder how you controlled where you get drafted?

Then, one sentence later Fish says:
Yes, playing good in the combine, and doing all the drills will help you get drafted higher....

Ummmmm....You just answered your own question! LOL...

Fish, sometimes when you call people out like you do with EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS it can be entertaining, and other times you come off as a complete idiot. This one one of the "idiot" times. LOL....

OP, to get drafted higher you'll have to get a higher teammate grade and better stats. I know that's very general but there's 100 different way to go about accomplishing those goals and probably as many threads for you to search.

My suggestion (and where I actually AGREE with Fish) is this - don't worry about it where you get drafted. It's trivial. You don't get extra skill points for being a lottery pick vs a second rounder.
---
PSN cinimodgd
#8FishBelly13Posted 6/10/2011 12:43:13 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9FishBelly13Posted 6/10/2011 1:01:39 PM(edited)
Nevermind, there is no point in continuing this. You're obviously going out of your way to not understand what anybody is saying.
#10XavierKnight4dPosted 6/10/2011 2:22:08 PM
There is a trophy for it which is probably why he cares. Easy answer is to play d on your match up well and cherry pick dunks for easy A+ ratings. Higher stats help so longer quarters help with that.

I did a cheap run through where I averaged 60 points 3 rebounds 1 block and 1 steal with no turnovers. My pg was drafted at number 7.

I recommend doing that if you after the trophy.

I messed around with the combine a lot I wanted to get my main pg drafted to the lakers which is my favorite team but it was easy to get drafted to the heat where im with the big 3 on a 30 game win streak to stary the season
---
Undead
Psn: Xavier_magnus