help i cant steal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K11
  3. help i cant steal

User Info: wackiewackie

wackiewackie
6 years ago#1
anyone have any tips on how to pull off steals ? i cant seem to get a rip with someone with the ball. but i can steal passes. any help would be nice
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL

User Info: pitter20

pitter20
6 years ago#2
stealing the ball is really tough in this game. i notice the same thing, try to do it more on big men or bad ball handlers.

wackiewackie
6 years ago#3
its insanely hard, this has to be the hardest basketball game to steal in EVER
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL

wackiewackie
6 years ago#4
no tips ? all the so called experts out there
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL

User Info: mario_pot

mario_pot
6 years ago#5
I never perform on the ball steals intentionally, I always assume that happens depending on your players on the ball defense skill and defensive awareness. I get most of my steals standing just outside of a passing lane and right as the other team passes the ball I reach in to tip it. usually it results in a tipped pass that becomes a steal but sometimes they just yank the ball out of the air.
No man is a failure who is enjoying life.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.-Benjamin Franklin

User Info: DSLust03

DSLust03
6 years ago#6
When you cut a guy off defensively and stop his dribble, there is a point where you can hold sprint and hit steal and you'll burst under the offensive player and rip the ball.

It works best against big guys when you're a strong perimeter defender. With Rajon Rondo, once I stop a guy by cutting off his dribble and he starts like stutter dribbling, hit the steal button and you'll get a rip. My tops is 8 steals with Rondo but I've also only been playing for a week or so. (new to the game but not the series)
It's a Canes thing, you wouldn't understand.

wackiewackie
6 years ago#7
iv got my Jordan with maxed out on ball def and steals and i still cnat seem to get a steal, but il try some of your guys tips. thanks for all who posted
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL

User Info: MountainChicken

MountainChicken
6 years ago#8
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: Roarkaz

Roarkaz
6 years ago#9
Have 80ish+ in steals and just go after big men/forwards. I just ripped the ball from Blake Griffin 3-4 times in 1 game.

Only way other than hanging in pass routes. Your not taking the ball from a decent PG or even SG.

User Info: Paradox313

Paradox313
6 years ago#10
How many on ball steals do you see in the NBA?

Not many.
GT - MedievalValor
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K11
  3. help i cant steal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived