help i cant steal

#1wackiewackiePosted 12/12/2010 8:12:47 PM
anyone have any tips on how to pull off steals ? i cant seem to get a rip with someone with the ball. but i can steal passes. any help would be nice
---
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL
#2pitter20Posted 12/12/2010 8:31:08 PM
stealing the ball is really tough in this game. i notice the same thing, try to do it more on big men or bad ball handlers.
#3wackiewackie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2010 9:26:56 PM
its insanely hard, this has to be the hardest basketball game to steal in EVER
---
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL
#4wackiewackie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2010 11:59:16 PM
no tips ? all the so called experts out there
---
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL
#5mario_potPosted 12/13/2010 12:03:46 AM
I never perform on the ball steals intentionally, I always assume that happens depending on your players on the ball defense skill and defensive awareness. I get most of my steals standing just outside of a passing lane and right as the other team passes the ball I reach in to tip it. usually it results in a tipped pass that becomes a steal but sometimes they just yank the ball out of the air.
---
No man is a failure who is enjoying life.
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.-Benjamin Franklin
#6DSLust03Posted 12/13/2010 7:27:22 AM
When you cut a guy off defensively and stop his dribble, there is a point where you can hold sprint and hit steal and you'll burst under the offensive player and rip the ball.

It works best against big guys when you're a strong perimeter defender. With Rajon Rondo, once I stop a guy by cutting off his dribble and he starts like stutter dribbling, hit the steal button and you'll get a rip. My tops is 8 steals with Rondo but I've also only been playing for a week or so. (new to the game but not the series)
---
It's a Canes thing, you wouldn't understand.
#7wackiewackie(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2010 8:10:12 AM
iv got my Jordan with maxed out on ball def and steals and i still cnat seem to get a steal, but il try some of your guys tips. thanks for all who posted
---
JOSHLPDX -Gamertag XBL
#8MountainChickenPosted 12/15/2010 1:31:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9RoarkazPosted 12/15/2010 5:39:33 PM
Have 80ish+ in steals and just go after big men/forwards. I just ripped the ball from Blake Griffin 3-4 times in 1 game.

Only way other than hanging in pass routes. Your not taking the ball from a decent PG or even SG.
#10Paradox313Posted 12/15/2010 5:55:33 PM
How many on ball steals do you see in the NBA?

Not many.
---
GT - MedievalValor