Best weapons

#1jazz36Posted 8/25/2012 7:59:26 PM
I've been playing this game for a while now, and I've gotten loads of weapons for different situations. I wonder what weapons I should keep and build up and were to find some of the items for upgrading like salamander bones, royal rings, gnome gold, etc.

This game may not be the longest rpg, but its great! Thanks in advance.
#2runaway_angelsPosted 8/25/2012 8:03:55 PM
The online prizes from Deathmatch and Co-Op are your best weapons for your mages, and maybe Syrenne.
For Zael, I gave him Stranger (a weapon obtained from upgrading Chaos Blade) because you use slash a lot, and it deals 2x damage to slash.
Dagran: I gave him Traive (upgradable in NG+) since well, I don't really use it for Zael.... but you can switch between the two if you want.
Syrenne: I gave her Guardian Fang and Zero Sword. She can instantly KO something if she has Accelerate Boost on.
Lowell: Anything you want really, but the most recommended is the online prizes. But if use him for online, then equip a sword for him, his magic is weaker than the others anyway. You can give him a North Wing if you want, since it gives him a 1.6x increase to his magic DPS
---
The Last Story. Xenoblade. Girls. Rainbows. J/RPGs. -Best things ever.
Master of the The Last Story. [Prodigy] Has PAL version and currently living in US ^__^
#3jazz36(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2012 8:10:07 PM
Thanks!
#4crystalsoulsPosted 8/25/2012 8:15:49 PM
The reptid... edge, I think. It uses reptid fangs to upgrade which you can get from the designer purse sidequest or just get a load of them during the endgame. Maxing it out makes it one of the heaviest hitters in the game especially against reptids which you WILL be fighting throughout the game. Besides that a Nameless +5 is one of your best weapons for a good while.

The materials you mentioned are pretty common, though after the point of no return, sadly. There's like one.. maybe two pieces of gnome gold you can get before that (to get one it involves fighting through a pack of cougars with healers though. Salamander bones are a different story, they're mostly in set chests and gotten from specific boss fights, so they need to be used thoughtfully. Sixfold fiend from Zoran's sword isn't bad, and I personally like the lightning axe from para axe. Do NOT upgrade killer edge into Nightmare as you can find Nightmares as a drop (might have been from a miniboss, either way you can get more without using a bone)
#5runaway_angelsPosted 8/25/2012 8:23:41 PM
crystalsouls posted...
The reptid... edge, I think. It uses reptid fangs to upgrade which you can get from the designer purse sidequest or just get a load of them during the endgame. Maxing it out makes it one of the heaviest hitters in the game especially against reptids which you WILL be fighting throughout the game. Besides that a Nameless +5 is one of your best weapons for a good while.

The materials you mentioned are pretty common, though after the point of no return, sadly. There's like one.. maybe two pieces of gnome gold you can get before that (to get one it involves fighting through a pack of cougars with healers though. Salamander bones are a different story, they're mostly in set chests and gotten from specific boss fights, so they need to be used thoughtfully. Sixfold fiend from Zoran's sword isn't bad, and I personally like the lightning axe from para axe. Do NOT upgrade killer edge into Nightmare as you can find Nightmares as a drop (might have been from a miniboss, either way you can get more without using a bone)

Err, I think TC is talking about endgame weapons. Since the materials he wants to save are found A LOT after beating final boss.
And no need to worry about bones since Arganan Temple is the best place to farm them :P
---
The Last Story. Xenoblade. Girls. Rainbows. J/RPGs. -Best things ever.
Master of the The Last Story. [Prodigy] Has PAL version and currently living in US ^__^
#6TalgonitePosted 8/25/2012 10:27:32 PM
crystalsouls posted...
Do NOT upgrade killer edge into Nightmare as you can find Nightmares as a drop (might have been from a miniboss, either way you can get more without using a bone)

But then you can't have Syrenne dual wield two Nightmares which just looks totally badass. XD
#7HozuPosted 8/26/2012 7:23:31 AM
Nightmare is from either the boss at the end of chapter 39, or from a chest after that boss before chapter 40. You can also get a Nighmare+3 in one of the postgame chapters (the one where you fight all the reptids).
#8ItsAboutStylePosted 8/27/2012 3:17:09 PM
runaway_angels posted...
The online prizes from Deathmatch and Co-Op are your best weapons for your mages, and maybe Syrenne.
For Zael, I gave him Stranger (a weapon obtained from upgrading Chaos Blade) because you use slash a lot, and it deals 2x damage to slash.
Dagran: I gave him Traive (upgradable in NG+) since well, I don't really use it for Zael.... but you can switch between the two if you want.
Syrenne: I gave her Guardian Fang and Zero Sword. She can instantly KO something if she has Accelerate Boost on.
Lowell: Anything you want really, but the most recommended is the online prizes. But if use him for online, then equip a sword for him, his magic is weaker than the others anyway. You can give him a North Wing if you want, since it gives him a 1.6x increase to his magic DPS

Great post, couldn't agree more.
---
You aren't exactly Mister Current Affairs are you, Tommy? "Mad Fist" went mad, and "The Gun," shot himself.
#9lemaster666Posted 8/28/2012 8:07:17 AM
In the initial play through Gnome gold is very easy to get in the room right before you follow the King through the portal to the Other. Just farm that room over and over again, and you can summon Horace to keep upgrading all your weapons and armor.
---
Friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies....
#10DarkslaynePosted 8/28/2012 8:41:17 AM
Are Guardian Fang and Zero Sword the English names as well? I don't recognize those and I thought I had upgraded everything I could.
---
PSN / Xbox: Darkslayne