why The Last Story is on Wii

#1MukaPosted 3/16/2010 12:39:19 AM
this is top secret info my cousin's brother's dad works for the japan game industry. truth.

"The Last Story is exclusive for Wii because Sakaguchi wants to recreate the whole Final Fantasy phenomenon all over again...wait, scratch that, he is more ambitious than that. He is trying to create the next DRAGON QUEST. As we all know, Dragon Quest is called the "kokumin RPG", or "the citizen's/national RPG" in Japan. You see middle age men, girls, and housewives playing it. That is what Sakaguchi envisions with The Last Story. Sure, he can put it on PS3 and make an epic, beautiful RPG and get very good sales...but he knows that every single consumer who buys it on the PS3 will be the same hardcore RPG fan who has bought and played every Final Fantasy and hardcore RPG. To them, the Last Story will just be "another RPG" and it will always be in the shadow of the original, established franchises like FF and DQ. On the Wii though, he is trying to attract your "causal gamers". He wants the mom or sister to see the gamer in the household playing this game on the Wii and say "This looks interesting...well it's on the Wii so maybe it is simple enough for me to try too". He wants to build a new brand with a new consumer base so The Last Story can become a franchise with a broad appeal much like Dragon Quest. And you can be sure that he already has plans for The Last Story II and III regardless of what sales part 1 achieves."

it's kinda common sense stuff but i thoght it was interesting
---
k thx bye lol
#2LusciousfugaPosted 3/16/2010 7:09:42 AM
This guy is obviously telling us the truth.
I liked the ''cousin's brother's dad'' part best!
#3RevOn_DXPosted 3/16/2010 8:13:05 AM
^
Agreed. XD XD
---
And so it begins...Xenoblade and The Last Story! Coming soon!
09/21/09 I'm calling Big N's next console! Nintendo Evolution: Change is Good
#4SandylecuistotPosted 3/16/2010 1:14:43 PM
Perfect, if true.
#5SandylecuistotPosted 3/16/2010 1:28:55 PM
But it's certainly not .. ah ah
#6SuperowenPosted 3/17/2010 4:51:00 AM
What a weird way of saying 'uncle'.
---
The Universe is constantly winding down to zero. When it reaches that point, nothing can be reversed.
#7Mastersword7Posted 3/17/2010 5:35:18 PM
Hey, I'm all for a new franchise for the Wii. But if you're going to do that, then "The Last Story" isn't a really good title for the launch game. I'm just sayin...
---
"I wondered why somebody didn't do something. Then I realized, I am somebody."--unknown
#8Muka(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2010 8:56:34 PM
how about..."The First Party"

mini game RPG
---
k thx bye lol
#9theherotw9dPosted 3/18/2010 5:14:16 AM
Perhaps Sakaguchi wanted to get a away from disgusted graphics fanaticism and make a game that is meant to be a game on a system that specifically for games and nothing else.
#10Green CardPosted 3/18/2010 8:33:37 AM

Perhaps Sakaguchi wanted to get a away from disgusted graphics fanaticism and make a game that is meant to be a game on a system that specifically for games and nothing else.

Ah yes if the graphics are worse the game must be better! I will be one of those crazy people that thinks differently.
---
Currently Playing: Culdcept DS (4168-1409-5434)
PSN: GreenCard200 | XBL: GreenCard300