Is this game dual audio?

#1FateStayAlbionPosted 2/24/2012 1:08:22 PM
I can't stand those British voice overs I saw in the trailer...
---
http://raptr.com/badge/cf898f37d9c30ef120ada6c35e636ad3/fs.png
http://myanimelist.net/signature/RyanSaotome.png
#2SeikenZPosted 2/24/2012 1:12:39 PM
Sadly not.
#3SchLeiMPosted 2/24/2012 1:12:51 PM
no, unfortunately not :(
#4LePhenomPosted 2/24/2012 3:31:29 PM
You'll get used to the voices, they're not bad you'll see.
#5LarquePosted 2/24/2012 3:35:19 PM
I love the VAs except for Yurick. But I prefer English voices over Japanese nowadays and I like British accents.
#6KupoPantsPosted 2/24/2012 6:01:26 PM
i dont mind british voice acting but these voice actors are just pretty bad. ugh..its xenoblade all over again...ah well.
#7goofy23Posted 2/24/2012 7:19:57 PM
Not sure if any of you understand but the reason for no dual audio is because of NoE changing the names of some of the people. So that's why there will only be English audio.
#8ZegimaPosted 2/24/2012 8:01:31 PM
It's a shame but we'll have to deal with it. Also undubbing this game would be a bad idea since the lip sync would be off by a lot.
---
If can fight with all my might, I will even allow the darkness to consume me.
#9ramseanPosted 2/24/2012 8:13:40 PM
goofy23 posted...
Not sure if any of you understand but the reason for no dual audio is because of NoE changing the names of some of the people. So that's why there will only be English audio.

Thats not the reason, they changed the names of characters in xenoblade aswell. The reason is that its already on a dual layered disk. With xenoblade it was just a case of putting one language track on each layer. With the last story they can't do that because it would require significantly more development time because you can't simply flick between the two layers. There are also significant differences between the jp and english version, the online modes aren't compatible and theres english lip syncing. So including both languages would have required a delay and more dev time which NoE obviously weren't prepared to do for a game that they know isn't gonna sell that well.

On the plus side the dialogue is good and the characters are interesting. Accents shouldn't be an issue, i'm from the UK and really don't understand the xenophobic attitude of some people. If the voice acting was bad or the dialogue didn't flow in a natural way(like xenoblade). I could understand but it sounds like americans have an issue with english accents in general, which is strange because we flogged you piers morgan and simon cowell when their only perceivable talent is that they're from England.

If you don't like the voices you can always turn them off in the options menu.
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFX
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines
#10mecha_mkIIPosted 2/25/2012 8:21:14 AM
Just a thought, but is there an option to turn the voices off and play it old skool?