I love Xenoblade. Will I love this game?

#1The_WeegeePosted 7/7/2012 1:17:38 PM
Actually heard about this long before Xenoblade, but since Xenoblade came out in NA first, I got it, and loved it.

I've heard it isn't a long game, but there's online multiplayer, which sounds nice.
---
Breloom is the satanic spawn of hell.-BahamutZero92
#2ramseanPosted 7/7/2012 1:40:01 PM
Really can't say as they play completely different to each other. Xenoblade is like this gens FFXII only fun, The Last Story feels more like a single player Crystal Chronicles. If you like action rpgs you'll probably like The Last Story.

If you happen to live in europe look up Pandora's Tower, in my opinion its the more interesting game due to the way the story is presented and the interesting boss fights.
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFX
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines
#3the_great_tidusPosted 7/7/2012 4:03:52 PM
Xenoblade is one of the best games of all time

Last Story is a pretty average forgettable RPG imo

Go ahead and get it, but don't expect an experience on par with the great RPGs.
---
"I don't have any friends and totally relate to that person." -couldof-
#4hijokaidenPosted 7/7/2012 4:42:01 PM
I liked Xenoblade despite the fact that the story left alot to be desired but the game itself was nice it offered you alot of freedom and exploration and there was alot to do, but I didnt like The Last Story, the story sucks and the gameplay sucks you are restricted to one town, no exploration its just mindless hack and slash dungeon crawler style with a boring and repetitive gameplay and a poor excuse for a story.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#5ExternicaPosted 7/7/2012 4:56:32 PM
XBC and TLS have absolutly nothing in common.
They are as different as night and day, in gameplay and storytelling.

However, TLS received a big loss in favour, because nearly everyone expected something different.
There are still people who enjoy it more than XBC, because taste is a matter of opinion. So, there's no way telling you how much you klike it.

Buy it or don't. Read reviews, watch the gameplay of the early parts of the game, until Zael meets Lisa.
If you're still on the fence, search for more information. If you made up your mind, well... good for you.

Personal, I consider both XBC and TLS to be decent games and like them equally. Nothing more, nothing less.
#6divine_ariaPosted 7/7/2012 7:15:57 PM(edited)
Don't listen to the naysayers who hate TLS yet still cling to this board tighter than leeches. They're probably closet TLS lovers, which, in actuality, means you should probably be doing the opposite of what they're saying.

Will you love this game? Like others have said, TLS and Xenoblade play as different as night and day. Even if they played the same, there's still no guarantee you'll like one just because you happen to like the other. As long as you're not going into TLS expecting it to play like Xenoblade, you might like it.

Not a fan of Xenoblade, personally. Don't care for how open it is, for its characters, or for its battle system. 150 hours of running, collecting, and fetch questing doesn't draw me in either. Can't wait for TLS to come along.

Do some research. You should be able to decide whether you want it or not. If you're still unsure after researching, don't get it. Spend that money on something you're actually interested in.
#7kill_ayekaPosted 7/8/2012 1:55:46 AM
I personally loved The Last Story. I love the characters and I thought the story was awesome. I really love the thought of the Outsider. The story starts off cliche but turns out completely different than what you would expect. Character development was really good, and although they city is essentially your "world", there's plenty to do and the sidequests are fun.
Arena battling is fun. Battles are really fun in my opinion, I turned the auto function off right away. You have to protect your spell casters from being interrupted while chanting. Towards the end of the game I was getting plenty of game overs on a few bosses.
#8Bishop_SasaraiPosted 7/8/2012 8:33:10 AM
Xenoblade is so damned overrated. But hey, if you like spending hours simply wandering around, collecting random loot, doing some of THE most boring side quests...in other words, if you like this open-world bullcrap that so many gamers find interesting, Xenoblade is for you.

TLS just looks a whole lot better.

I don't even remember caring about the characters after 30 hrs. of Xenoblade. Or the story.
---
Fellow gamers...PSN ID is HarmoniaVictor.
#9CrazyDiamondSPPosted 7/9/2012 8:46:20 AM
Tidus praising a game on the wii and at the same time downgrading an RPG made by Sakaguchi, creator of his favorite game ever FFX? Seriously WTF? I thought I had seen it all...
---
Oblivion_Roxas
#10CrazyDiamondSPPosted 7/9/2012 8:54:29 AM
Bishop_Sasarai posted...
Xenoblade is so damned overrated. But hey, if you like spending hours simply wandering around, collecting random loot, doing some of THE most boring side quests...in other words, if you like this open-world bullcrap that so many gamers find interesting, Xenoblade is for you.

TLS just looks a whole lot better.

I don't even remember caring about the characters after 30 hrs. of Xenoblade. Or the story.

Meh

People like exploring, and xenoblade does a good job at that, since you might always find something interesting, that and sidequests aren't mandatory at all, sure 80% of them are crap, but some do give you a good excuse to go back to those places you love so much, plus some of them do go to some interesting places, I enjoyed the freedom in XB a lot, right now I'm playing FFXIII and XB, I've dropped both games, FFXIII just forced too much upon you with its totally linear world and forcing characters on you and I dropped it on the 3rd disc(X360 version), in XB I just got frustrated because there was this mob I couldnt beat, but guess what, I picked up XB again, its like playing FFXII but done wayyy better.
---
Oblivion_Roxas