Urgh... Even with Component Cables, Still a lot of jagged edges...

#1FIR_FIRPosted 8/3/2012 9:32:59 PM
I just got the Wii today and component cables and started to play my only Wii game TLS...

Let's say the cutscenes are decent in terms of graphics... but ingame-real time graphics look really jagged... (that is if you try to look at the characters' hair, eyes, etc)...

I have 480p on and I have 16:9 on, playing on a HDTV 55" though... damn...
#2Phasmatis92Posted 8/3/2012 10:07:07 PM(edited)
55" is a pretty big telly, its kind of inevitable that a 480p signal will appear jagged on it. (Hell, most PS3/360 games look jaggy on a screen that size) I wen for a cheaper 32" for this reason.

Might I suggest turning down the sharpness of your picture?
---
Operation Zero, aimed at bringing Project Zero 2 Wii Edition to NA: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#3FIR_FIR(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 3:10:59 AM
Actually... the caves looked pretty bland.

But once I got to the city... and ONCE I got inside the Castle! Wow! The graphics look amazing! Perhaps even trumps some of the PS3 titles out there...
#4nothingtruePosted 8/4/2012 4:48:22 AM
i have the same problem. VERY unimpressed with the graphics. which is a same cause xenoblade had great graphics. oh well.

i also have a problem with the widescreen for this game, it's not coming up even if i set it on the Wii menu. i guess i have to change my tv settings, but i dont want to cause i have an already integrated system through bose and everything else already works fine (PS3, X360, DVD etc..)

only the Wii has this problem. it's SUCH a weak 3rd gen console compared to the others. nintendo should be ashamed..
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 8/4/2012 4:55:29 AM
nothingtrue posted...
only the Wii has this problem. it's SUCH a weak 3rd gen console compared to the others. nintendo should be ashamed..

Seventh, you late-nineties hipster you.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6Phasmatis92Posted 8/4/2012 5:51:14 AM
nothingtrue posted...

Far from ashamed, I think they're rather pleased that by focusing on control and not playing the graphical arms race they made the Wii insanely profitable.

And I was beaten to it, but yeah, the 3rd gen was the NES man.
---
Operation Zero, aimed at bringing Project Zero 2 Wii Edition to NA: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7ramseanPosted 8/4/2012 6:22:37 AM
nothingtrue posted...
i have the same problem. VERY unimpressed with the graphics. which is a same cause xenoblade had great graphics. oh well.

i also have a problem with the widescreen for this game, it's not coming up even if i set it on the Wii menu. i guess i have to change my tv settings, but i dont want to cause i have an already integrated system through bose and everything else already works fine (PS3, X360, DVD etc..)

lol 3rd gen, kids now a days. Of course its gonna look shonky on a 55inch hd tv.
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFX
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines
#8divine_ariaPosted 8/4/2012 6:43:39 AM
nothingtrue posted...

Xenoblade had great graphics? I beg to differ. It has pretty scenery and nice art direction but "great graphics" it does not. It's quite choppy and unpolished. You can especially tell when you're looking at the characters up close. I'm not trying to bash the game or anything because I'm sure they had to sacrifice something in order to make a game of that scale but I just thought I'd set things straight.

In terms of graphics, TLS looks better from the videos I've seen, but, of course, I'm reserving my real judgment for August 14th.
#9HozuPosted 8/4/2012 7:03:54 AM
"Bland" graphics is actually a plot point... as in they're intentionally bland.
#10Phasmatis92Posted 8/4/2012 7:31:26 AM
Hozu posted...
"Bland" graphics is actually a plot point... as in they're intentionally bland.

I think intentionally "bleak" would be a better way to put it.
---