Cave Cougars!

#1RyokoSpardaPosted 8/5/2012 11:42:40 AM
All right here we go again I'm determined to kill em all.

Anyone got any tips on getting rid of the last one in the Tower of Trials?

The other 3 are easy to dispatch but that last one is a right ......

I've just got access to the tower last mission was sneaking around the castle and getting the evidence, I think I'm level 38 (can't remember off the top of my head) and I've been beating them down with a Guardian blade +6 but I just can't make a dent in the last one, I've tried running around like a loon to try and get it stuck on something so I can shoot it to death but haven't managed it.
---
Welcome to the garden of madness!.
#2runaway_angelsPosted 8/5/2012 11:56:02 AM
You're on your first play through?
It would be much easier if you started NG+, but that's okay.
It would help if you have an upgraded Heavy Armor. I suggest you to upgrade to 9. Heavy Armor has a bonus that reduces 30% of the damage dealt by enemies. When you fight the Cougars, activate Gathering. Endure some of the attacks, and when Burst is max, release Gathering and run to the nearest wall and Vertical Slice. Around your level you should deal 8k of damage. You can also try to slash them after Burst. But it's better for the last one. I think you can Counter them, but it's pretty hard to when they're going to attack so don't do that. Just Burst them, reactivate Gathering and do whatever you can. A star element sword can also be helpful as the cougars are weak to them.
---
Last Story. Xenoblade. Girls. Video games. Rainbows. -Best things ever.
Oh, and just to let you know, I'm a girl. <_< GAY ASIAN PRIDE!
#3RyokoSparda(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2012 12:07:32 PM
Cheers for the reply.

My armour isn't that high, I don't have the things needed for that and am not sure where to find it at this point.

would Dragon armour level 6 be any good? I'm wearing heavy armour at the moment but I think it's just 5 or 6.

I like to get everything done in one play if I can, I got this game on release I hardly have any time to play stuff so it takes me ages to finish anything thus the reason why I'd rather move on to something else then replay.
---
#4runaway_angelsPosted 8/5/2012 2:42:08 PM
RyokoSparda posted...
Cheers for the reply.

My armour isn't that high, I don't have the things needed for that and am not sure where to find it at this point.

would Dragon armour level 6 be any good? I'm wearing heavy armour at the moment but I think it's just 5 or 6.

I like to get everything done in one play if I can, I got this game on release I hardly have any time to play stuff so it takes me ages to finish anything thus the reason why I'd rather move on to something else then replay.

Let's see. You can get Gnome Silver from fighting in the Arena or replaying the Sea Cave. You can get Gnome Gold from seeking in the city. You can also get them from replaying dungeons.
Dragon Armor is only good if you have Calista with you, but since ToT is only one character, might as well use Heavy Armor. I also believe that Heavy 5+ has 10% damage reduced or more, but at least it's better than nothing. You can also use Stealth Armor if you like hiding. When your health is low, you can run as far as you can and equip Stealth so you can heal. And may I ask, how much is your DPS?
---
#5gimme_my_burgerPosted 8/5/2012 6:17:16 PM
i just repeatedly sniped it in the head with my sniper crossbow..... yeah it was boring and not worth it at all...
---
http://imgur.com/t5Cp6.jpg http://imgur.com/7rvSd.jpg http://imgur.com/11ZcG.jpg
#6runaway_angelsPosted 8/5/2012 6:44:25 PM
gimme_my_burger posted...
i just repeatedly sniped it in the head with my sniper crossbow..... yeah it was boring and not worth it at all...

....I think Deadly Crossbow works better, although I'm not quite too sure if Cave Cougars are immune to Death status....
---
#7ExentrykPosted 8/5/2012 8:10:41 PM
I accidently ran into those three in the city (sewers?), and they completely bashed my. I was only in chapter 26 or something. XD
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#8runaway_angelsPosted 8/5/2012 8:22:42 PM
Exentryk posted...
I accidently ran into those three in the city (sewers?), and they completely bashed my. I was only in chapter 26 or something. XD

Ermm. I think you accidentally started a sidequest. You did the frog one, right? Yeah, the one after that requires you to swim to the other side of the town.
---
#9HozuPosted 8/5/2012 10:47:04 PM
You can't get Gnome Gold from seeking until after you beat the final boss. You can get ONE Gnome Gold before the point of no return, which is back at the Mysterious Forest (turn around immediately) but you got more Cave Cougars to face so...
#10RyokoSparda(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2012 9:03:10 AM
I took out the sewer ones by getting them stuck in the water (lure them in swim round and leg it back onto the land and run along to the end of the bank) and shooting them like a machine gun for god knows how long.

the Forest ones are easy to deal with once you wipe out the healers they are easy to kill with the blade obtained from the sewer and the magic of your friends.

but the tower ones, as I said no probs with 3 just hacked em down but I think the fourth is level 80 or something.

How long is the tower accessible for? maybe I should do more and go back to it.
---