What game has a better story and characters Lost Odyssey or The Last Story?

#11CaptainLukaPosted 9/14/2012 12:28:55 AM
Wait. I have something better than LO's and TLS' stories combined: Nier. Go play that. As well as TLS and LO.
---
3DS: Christien - 4640-0120-2089 | The Last Story: 2323 - 3399 - 6216
Currently playing: The Last Story (Wii), Theatrhythm (3DS), Kingdom Hearts: DDD (3DS)
#12Phasmatis92Posted 9/14/2012 1:06:29 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
Wait. I have something better than LO's and TLS' stories combined: Nier. Go play that. As well as TLS and LO.

Ugh, the only good thing about that game was it's music.
---
Operation Zero, aimed at bringing Project Zero 2 Wii Edition to NA: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#13CaptainLukaPosted 9/14/2012 1:34:18 AM
Phasmatis92 posted...
CaptainLuka posted...

Meh. I thought it had one of the best stories around. I admit, getting the full story is a little tedious since you have to play through four times. Though, I thought the story was touching, as were the characters and their development.

That being said, I agree with you on the music. Easily the best soundtrack in a game that I've listened to in a long time.
To each their own.
---
3DS: Christien - 4640-0120-2089 | The Last Story: 2323 - 3399 - 6216
Currently playing: The Last Story (Wii), Theatrhythm (3DS), Kingdom Hearts: DDD (3DS)
#14Phasmatis92Posted 9/14/2012 3:03:47 AM
CaptainLuka posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
CaptainLuka posted...

Meh. I thought it had one of the best stories around. I admit, getting the full story is a little tedious since you have to play through four times. Though, I thought the story was touching, as were the characters and their development.

That being said, I agree with you on the music. Easily the best soundtrack in a game that I've listened to in a long time.
To each their own.

Yep, different strokes for different folks.
---
Operation Zero, aimed at bringing Project Zero 2 Wii Edition to NA: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#15moniewitch(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2012 11:47:30 AM
Lost Odssesy and the Last Story remind me of Final Fantasy 10 right?

Jesus is our best friend
#16Eye of the BeholderPosted 9/16/2012 9:42:31 AM
Lost Odyssey easily.

The dreams are like a major boost for the characters in Lost Odyssey, and to be honest, the story is a lot more unique in Lost Oddyssey with the "Immortals" and all.

They took more of a leap of faith with Lost Oddyssey which I think made it stand out in alot of areas more (sans battle system)

Whereas Last Story so far (as far as I've played, Ch.24) is very interesting, but alot of it us just going through the motions that older games used to with development and progression.
---
Brawl-FC-1203-8953-0974 (X40)
"Help!!! I'm being attacked by white transparent ninjas!" - pipeman
#17alex0112Posted 9/16/2012 9:55:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18LionHeart48Posted 9/20/2012 8:40:07 PM
CaptainLuka posted...
Phasmatis92 posted...
CaptainLuka posted...

To each their own.

Nier was defintely a great game. The story was amazing, as well as characters, the music is 10/10. But if they made it turn based it probably would have been better. Most of the side-quests are fetching items and their pointless. Theres a couple side-quests that are interesting though. But i would have to disagree with phasmatis, Nier is one of the best rpgs this generation.
#19vyledustPosted 9/21/2012 8:24:52 AM
Why has Fragile Dreams not been mentioned. I enjoyed ToS on the Wii as well. I am only to ch20 on TLS, but enjoying the crap out of it.
---
MW3:1599-7833-6289
Tcon2: 1205-9958-6865
#20cowboybbp1Posted 9/21/2012 5:30:50 PM
Lost Odyssey by far. I cant say that the combat system on either game thrilled me, but story wise, Lost Odyssey stands alone. Like most people, the 1000 years of dreams is really what made this game different for me. Once you find out why everyone is immortal, and why they came to the world they are in, it just makes things better. Not to mention, for looking like a total goober, Gongora is a slick mother. I cant think of many game villians who had other build his weapon of mass destruction, then took over the country, then took out all of the major countries armies, and was one step away from complete world domination, before the group really even know what they were up against.

Last Story just has the typical, "I wanna be a hero," protagonist. this is actually the SECOND game i have heard of that had a mystical being called an Outsider in it (seriously, there is another game with the same thing). and while the characters are all different from eachother, most of them are 1 dimensional. And how many games are there now with a Princess who runs away because she doesnt wanna be a princess, and just wants to be free? too many to count. This story isnt even close.
---
Gamertag: The Unus Mundus
PSN: cowboybbp1