Shadow Hearts VS The Last Story

#1MajinGASKAPosted 9/13/2012 11:51:41 AM
Are the Shadow Heart games better than The Last Story?
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#2-BrokenSpiral-Posted 9/13/2012 12:03:57 PM
Without a doubt yes. Though SHIII gets some hate for being different, it's very good if you don't go into it expecting it to be like SH1 and SH2. The battle system and gameplay of SHIII is the best I've played in an RPG and the other aspects aren't bad. (The soundtrack is my favorite of the three)

SH1 and SH2 have the best RPG main character as well, so that's why some were disappointed with the MC of SHIII. He gets interesting a ways in, though, and can be funny. If you plan to get these, I recommend getting Koudelka since it's a prequel to the series and has HEAVY ties to SH1.
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <=== QFT
To any who say things are too different to be compared. No.
#3MajinGASKA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 12:25:21 PM
I read all that bro. I'm just trying to figure out what's so great about the Shadow Hearts games.
---
#4-BrokenSpiral-Posted 9/13/2012 12:37:56 PM
Alright, some of the highlights to Shadow Hearts"

- Good story (SHIII admittedly takes a while to pick up. SHII takes place six months after SHI)
- Loveable characters (Again, SHIII falls a bit short compared to SHI and SHII.)
- Atmosphere (It gets less dark with each game including Koudelka. SH1 is still pretty dark though)
- A unique, fun battle system
- Great soundtracks
- Use of real-world figures as elements to the stories (For example, you meet Al Capone in SHIII). This is one of the things that makes Shadow Hearts a very fun series
- The MC of SHI and SHII is an absolutely fun character and badass to boot
- The series is really good at fitting humor into scenes without it feeling like a jarring addition, and it's good at humor in general
- Personalized sidequests for members of your team that expand on the character and grant better equipment
---
Tales only wishes it could match Ys. - lennethsoki <=== QFT
To any who say things are too different to be compared. No.
#5Yusuke001Posted 9/13/2012 12:50:37 PM
Shadow Hearts 2 is my favorite RPG of all time. That game is so polished and well done, with great characters and story. Shadow Hearts 1 is awesome too, and you should definitely play it first, but you can't go wrong with the series IMO. 3 is ok, but like someone already mentioned, when you replace one of the best main characters ever with some teenage kid with a stupid cow lick it's kinda meh.
---
TvC FC: 3739-0938-3148 Name: Amon
PSN: LordAmon15
#6MajinGASKA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 12:55:10 PM
Great posts. Thanks fellas.
---
#7Bishop_SasaraiPosted 9/13/2012 2:28:04 PM
Story-wise, Shadow Hearts.

Gameplay-wise...I'd put TLS up, but only marginally because there aren't random battles (I hate random battles). Otherwise, I like Shadow Hearts' turn-based system and I like TLS's action-based system.
---
Anticipating the following: Ni No Kuni (PS3), MGR: Revengeance (PS3), Tales of Xillia (PS3), MGS: GZ (PS3)
#8moniewitchPosted 9/13/2012 4:24:43 PM
Well which series has better story and characters The Last Story or the Shadow Heart series

I thought the characters in the Shadow Heart series didn't have much going for them besides their appearance
#9rulernighthawkPosted 9/13/2012 4:38:56 PM
I like TLS a lot, but Shadow Hearts is one of my all time favorite games ever...all of them. I have them all and I still play them from time to time. Shadow Hearts is far far better, but The Last Story is still a good game.
---
Is it so wrong to want to cause chaos and destruction?
We have choices, that's what it means to live free - Roger Smith-Big O Gamertag - AGreatDestroyer
#10EthelkPosted 9/13/2012 5:07:27 PM
moniewitch posted...
Well which series has better story and characters The Last Story or the Shadow Heart series

I thought the characters in the Shadow Heart series didn't have much going for them besides their appearance

Depends on which SH games, 2 has my favorite chars. TLS I only liked Syrenne, Ashtar, Therius and Mirania. SH2 Had more memorable chars, about everyone was likable as long as you did their sidequests which is their time to shine like the Yurick/Mirania chapters on the ship.