I knew this game could be buggy, but that was ridiculous. (Spoilers)

#1chaochaomanPosted 10/6/2012 3:33:06 PM
So I was fighting those twins - I think there names were Zepha and Zesha - and I noticed about halfway through the fight that the middle of the arena was suddenly filled with oddly shaped, semi-textureless rocks. I just assumed they did an attack that made the ceiling fall like how the Kraken does, but as it turned out it didn't go away for the rest of the fight, if I could even call it that. After a bit of fumbling around and dying through zero-visibilty, I managed to get out of the middle of the arena and noticed the rocks couldn't be passed through from the outside, but could from the inside, like the Pianta statue in Super Mario Sunshine when you do that glitch to get inside of it. Almost immediately after I noticed I was trapped, the fight ended for no apparent reason even though both bosses had at least half their HP left (I should probably mention that through-out the fight earlier, they seemed to be healing themselves somehow; are they supposed to do that?); I hoped that after the cutscene the rocks would go away, but they didn't. Instead, everyone was cursed to run towards the wall of rock, leap-frogging over one another for all of eternity.

Then, I restarted from the last checkpoint

Has anyone else had that happen? Well, besides that other guy who made that topic sort of like this one; his wasn't nearly detailed enough, though.
---
Unofficial "That guy" of darn near everything.
Peaceful days died. Let's survive.
#2RayjasonPosted 10/7/2012 8:49:03 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, though I had a similar happening a while back;

I stored up a LOT of upgrade items, and I fought enemies until I had 999999 cash. Then I saved my game, upgraded lots of items. And then I started equipping my characters and coloring them (it took at least 45 min.), and when I left the menu the game froze.....

But there where other moments where the game froze too. A lot of moments where the game would run slower than normal too.
#3runaway_angelsPosted 10/7/2012 11:43:50 AM
Wow that sucks.

I've had a major glitch during New Game Plus before. During the Zangurak fight, I had a perfectly good Traive 99, until Zanlance completely replaced it.
---
The Last Story. Xenoblade. Society. Rainbows. J/RPGs. -Best things ever.
I'm only 15, Asian, and female. TLS (PAL) 2924-4011-4435
#4BMK2010Posted 10/7/2012 12:24:19 PM
It could be a problem with the Wii? I'm really tempted on waiting for the Wii U because I literally cannot play this game, it's choppy as hell, voices are choppy in some cutscenes like a skipping CD. I know that's not normal. I'm only in the beginning but I can't enjoy this game if it plays like crap. If these aren't technical issues than I'm... (jaw drops).
#5kazeginPosted 10/7/2012 1:13:16 PM
BMK2010 posted...
It could be a problem with the Wii? I'm really tempted on waiting for the Wii U because I literally cannot play this game, it's choppy as hell, voices are choppy in some cutscenes like a skipping CD. I know that's not normal. I'm only in the beginning but I can't enjoy this game if it plays like crap. If these aren't technical issues than I'm... (jaw drops).

Is that really supposed to be normal ? I know wiis bought before 08 have problems but I myself have one and I'm fine :/ Didn't know it was that common.
#6pure_randomPosted 10/7/2012 1:21:02 PM
runaway_angels posted...
I had a perfectly good Traive 99, until Zanlance completely replaced it.

Ouch... o_O
#7BeanBeanKingdomPosted 10/7/2012 2:57:54 PM
My first playthrough went without a hitch but on my second one a few months later the voice track would noticeably lag in some cutscenes with cases of lines being cut off by others attempting to play out at their intended time. My day-one Wii sure is showing its age these days... Thankfully it'll be getting a proper soldier's send-off in less than two months.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#8WilliamAdamsPosted 10/7/2012 3:07:57 PM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
My first playthrough went without a hitch but on my second one a few months later the voice track would noticeably lag in some cutscenes with cases of lines being cut off by others attempting to play out at their intended time. My day-one Wii sure is showing its age these days...

My console is a bit newer, but has been having similar, but more extreme problems. I've found that vacuuming at the openings will help it work reliably for one play session w/ a dual-layer game disk.
---
It's not paranoia if the Random Number Generator is really out to get you.
See Quote for Friend Codes and favourite games.
#9Lethal13Posted 10/7/2012 8:32:56 PM
I bought my wii at launch and it still works impeccably has never frozen and this game runs perfectly on it, no glitches or anything.

guess i got lucky :P
#10BMK2010Posted 10/9/2012 5:35:46 AM
I hate you because of that.