Most hated online character in Deathmatch

#1RayjasonPosted 10/8/2012 12:33:37 PM
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but I was wondering who you guys can't stand at all in online deathmatch.

For me it's Berith and that Gurak scout (the tiny fast one). I hate how Berith is able to shoot 3 arrows at 1 time, and his (hold)+A attack, he is way too quick with this. Players who play as Berith basically have to run into you, and they can insta-kill you... And the tiny scout is WAY too fast as well, I get that he has not (hold)+A attack but this is just too crazy.

I've found out that a lot of noob players play by this strategy:

1. Wait by an Ancient Essence for a player to come
2. Grab Ancient Essence and run after them
3. When Ancient Essence effects are gone, RUN. Repeat 1.

It ruines Deathmatch for me.
#2panicstationPosted 10/8/2012 1:04:58 PM
I don't play Deathmatch that much because I'm horrible at it (effect dyes though //cough), but I'd have to say Berith, pretty much for the same reasons.

I have played Berith only once (played DM what, 6-7 times total?) and people didn't come after me most of the time. Good thing nobody realised that I actually can't play Berith at all. >___>
#3almostexactlyPosted 10/8/2012 1:46:01 PM
Mages who pick Last World.

I haven't encountered many Beriths or Gurak scouts but Berith's arrows appear to have some charge up time and for all the Scout's speed, it looks like his attack rate is about the same. It's an issue if you're chasing him, I suppose.

... I've only tried playing Mages once or twice though. Guess if I played them more, I wouldn't hate Last World so much.

That Ancient Essence strat is legit. With the hectic pace of Deathmatch, camping an item spawn spot is not good value, you want to be getting as many kills as possible or your points get left behind.
#4sentoworfPosted 10/8/2012 1:49:12 PM
almostexactly posted...
Mages who pick Last World.

I haven't encountered many Beriths or Gurak scouts but Berith's arrows appear to have some charge up time and for all the Scout's speed, it looks like his attack rate is about the same. It's an issue if you're chasing him, I suppose.

... I've only tried playing Mages once or twice though. Guess if I played them more, I wouldn't hate Last World so much.

That Ancient Essence strat is legit. With the hectic pace of Deathmatch, camping an item spawn spot is not good value, you want to be getting as many kills as possible or your points get left behind.

Mages aren't a nuissance in Last World if you block their attacks with arrows. Also when Im fighting with other melee characters and no magic attack has come then I know to move away and I save myself from many deaths that way.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#5AshuuPosted 10/8/2012 1:51:54 PM
Zesha/Zepha saidhfoswaihgdf for one, they're giant glowing targets, for two they're weak and difficult to use.

Oh, and horace :I
---
The Last Story - 0734-1968-2458
#6hikaruomegaPosted 10/8/2012 8:05:38 PM
Zepha's fine. His melee is stronger than regular mages :3 Except, of course, that his spell doesn't have a magic circle.

The most annoying? Therius. Every random DM I've played has at least 2 of them.
---
Utada Hikaru is a great singer.
#7sentoworfPosted 10/8/2012 8:19:44 PM
Ashuu posted...
Zesha/Zepha saidhfoswaihgdf for one, they're giant glowing targets, for two they're weak and difficult to use.

Is there a benefit to using those two? I have trouble using them but I can't help but think that the melee fighter has something going for him.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#8CaptainLukaPosted 10/8/2012 9:12:33 PM
I second Zepha and Zesha. Hate them. Hatehatehate.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
White 2 FC: 3139-4385-8079
#9runaway_angelsPosted 10/8/2012 9:32:35 PM
Ashuu posted...

Zepha's fine for magic use, he can also use V-Slice. As for dual-wielding characters, I can't use them for sh-

Horace is....okay. He's speedy, which I like, but his attacks are meh. In the game it says he can diffuse MaCs, but apparently he doesn't have a button for that. Same with Reptid Scout.

As for giant glowing targets..... You haven't played with anybody using neon colored Dragon Suits, huh?
---
The Last Story. Xenoblade. Society. Rainbows. J/RPGs. -Best things ever.
I'm only 15, Asian, and female. TLS (PAL) 2924-4011-4435
#10AshuuPosted 10/10/2012 4:04:18 AM
runaway_angels posted...
Ashuu posted...

As for giant glowing targets..... You haven't played with anybody using neon colored Dragon Suits, huh?

I have been fortunate enough not to run into this.
---
The Last Story - 0734-1968-2458