I sincerely would have rewritten that part (major spoilers)

#1RollerBobPosted 10/12/2012 4:37:31 PM(edited)
You know when Lowell get killed right before fighting Zangurak ? Yeah, I would have made him severely injured instead. You would then fight Zangurak without him, but when fighting Dagran, and he's about to strike Zael, Lowell jumps in and strikes Dagran, and then rejoining you for the last fight, as Dagran shifts from 1st to 2nd form

Seriously, the fact that you get him back after all the fun is kinda cheap... couldn't they have made him more badass and give him less of a cheap shot ? I mean, he likes to play the hero, and I can't think of any better way then to save the party's behind from Dagran by sneak-attacking him.
---
Yes, I'm Canadian. Yes, I speak french. Yes, I live in Quebec.
#2BlueKamiPosted 10/12/2012 4:48:44 PM
Nah.
---
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5900/wowwry.png
#3almostexactlyPosted 10/12/2012 4:58:11 PM
Dagran stabbing you in the back is pretty low so they probably wanted to smooth his path to redemption a bit more by reviving Lowell. I mean, without that, all you get is a "I kinda got carried away. Sorry guys."

Even with just that, Zael already forgave him anyway but for the sake of the player.
#4CaptainLukaPosted 10/12/2012 6:02:23 PM
I think the entire end and the way Dagran was handled was shoddy in general.
---
My spell check just had a mental breakdown...
White 2 FC: 3139-4385-8079 Name: Kohl
#5RayjasonPosted 10/12/2012 9:21:54 PM
I think the story change was awkward and I'd love it to be like your rendition. When Lowell took the "fatal blow", I thought that he'd die for sure. It was dramatic, yes especially with the battle after that scene with the emotional piano song instead of the battle theme. But in the next scene it wasn't like "OMFG LOWELL DIED NOOOOO" it was more like "Oh look at Calista on teh ground" and "YES YES, Zan-lance, Zan-lance banana".

His "death-scene" wasn't as significant to be honest, but his personality is one of the strongest from the party. They did a good job on that. It's very disturbing and annoying that he isn't there in the final battle though, and a lot of other battles as well. When I battled Dagran for the second time in New Game +, all my characters where lv. 99 except for him who was still stuck at lv. 85...

But when I united with Lowell after defeating Dagran I was like "Oh really? Just like that he get's all better?"... Haha, but Syrenne's voice actress sure has put a lot of emotion in that scene.
#6Phasmatis92Posted 10/12/2012 10:27:38 PM
Rayjason posted...
It was dramatic, yes especially with the battle after that scene with the emotional piano song instead of the battle theme..

Yeah, I loved that, one of the most standout parts of the game for me.
I killed that bastard good for what he did. >:(
---
The hissy fits about Bayonetta 2 being Wii U exclusive is a sad testament to how entitled, rude, and childish gamers today can be. It makes all gamers look bad.
#7almostexactlyPosted 10/13/2012 1:20:28 AM
Rayjason posted...
When I battled Dagran for the second time in New Game +, all my characters where lv. 99 except for him who was still stuck at lv. 85...

Doesn't he automatically level to Zael's level for that very short period where you control him protecting Count Arganan? My Lowell went from lvl 94 to lvl 99 to match Zael's at least, even in New Game+. Unless your Zael was 85 at that point.