What do you suppose Mistwalker will make next?

#1zombie_basher13Posted 12/13/2012 6:27:09 PM
TLS has been out for a long time now so I'm sure they're working on their next big project. What are your guesses as to what it might be? Do you think they will continue their pattern of making new IP RPGs or will they perhaps do a sequel? ( I know about that Wave Rider or whatever it is, that's a small game and doesn't count, I'm talkin huge games here). Here's a list of things I think it is, in order from most likely to least likely yet still possible.

1. Wii U RPG
2. 3DS game
3. A sequel (most likely TLS sequel)
4. Preparing for next gen
5. Mistwalker is done, they're not making another game

The only things that would surprise me is if they did a PS3 game 'cause I heard Sakaguchi has some problem with Sony, or did another 360 game. But in all dead honesty here, I'm hoping that Square Enix buys out Mistwalker someday when they can't survive financially anymore and Sakaguchi, Uematsu, and all the other staff join SE. That would be funny and awesome as hell! But I doubt that would ever happen because I don't think those 2 would ever want to go back, they'll probably retire before that happens.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2moniewitchPosted 12/13/2012 6:59:35 PM
I hope they make a RPG this time as good as Final Fantasy 7-10, Xenogears, Xenosaga, Suikdoen series, Lunar series.

I still have not completed the last story yet but I thought it was boring game. Lost Odssesy was much better than the last story. I have high hopes mistwalker will make another excellent rpg series similar to the games I mentioned above.
---
Jesus is our best friend & savior
#3DragonKnight387Posted 12/13/2012 10:20:48 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
TLS has been out for a long time now so I'm sure they're working on their next big project. What are your guesses as to what it might be? Do you think they will continue their pattern of making new IP RPGs or will they perhaps do a sequel? ( I know about that Wave Rider or whatever it is, that's a small game and doesn't count, I'm talkin huge games here). Here's a list of things I think it is, in order from most likely to least likely yet still possible.

1. Wii U RPG
2. 3DS game

The only things that would surprise me is if they did a PS3 game 'cause I heard Sakaguchi has some problem with Sony, or did another 360 game. But in all dead honesty here, I'm hoping that Square Enix buys out Mistwalker someday when they can't survive financially anymore and Sakaguchi, Uematsu, and all the other staff join SE. That would be funny and awesome as hell! But I doubt that would ever happen because I don't think those 2 would ever want to go back, they'll probably retire before that happens.

I agree that if they make a new game, it'd be a Wii U game. Home consoles seems like their comfort zone. But a TLS sequel seems unlikely, as the game isn't that popular.
---
3DS:1075-0914-2884
The Last Story: 2108-6326-5464.
#4RayjasonPosted 12/14/2012 12:12:54 AM
DragonKnight387 posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...

1. Wii U RPG
2. 3DS game

I agree that if they make a new game, it'd be a Wii U game. Home consoles seems like their comfort zone. But a TLS sequel seems unlikely, as the game isn't that popular.

I wouldn't say its popular either but it is a "most successful" title, so I think if there is any game that has potential to be continued, then it would be The Last Story.
---
THE LAST STORY FC (PAL): TAIKIGT / TEIKETSU | 4213 - 1283 - 4300
#5zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 3:00:28 AM
Well I found an article on siliconera from back in February and Mistwalker said they're working on several projects, three of them iOS games, but refused to say if they were working on a bigger console or handheld game. I'm sure they are, by now at least.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#6ExternicaPosted 12/14/2012 7:48:02 AM
I wouldn't say its popular either but it is a "most successful" title, so I think if there is any game that has potential to be continued, then it would be The Last Story.

Wasn't XSEED saying that TLS was THEIR best selling game they ever published?
Though, granted, I don't know how well LO and the BD-Games sold. So it might as well be Mistwalker's best selling game of all time.
#7NaturalGirl101Posted 12/16/2012 12:08:59 PM
wii u maybe.
---
Merry Christmas to all and to trolls a bad night. :p
#8SylindePosted 12/16/2012 8:23:07 PM
Games that get localised usually did well in Japan. When they tank there, they don't spend money to bring it over in a much more difficult market. The real question is rather, if they did a Last Story sequel, would they consider translating it?
#9runaway_angelsPosted 12/16/2012 9:26:03 PM
Didn't Sakaguchi say something about looking forward to make a sequel to TLS? I remember reading that somewhere, saying that it was a probable and most likely project...
---
"I would rather cuddle then have sex. If you're good with grammar, you'll get it. -PMSWHORE. Ehehehehe!
The Last Story (PAL) FC: 2924-4011-4435
#10Thanatos2kPosted 12/16/2012 9:28:44 PM
I approve that you have put 1 and 4 as mutually exclusive.

Anyways, it's almost certainly #1.
---
-Thanatos2k-