Sidequests

#1saint35Posted 6/27/2013 5:35:27 PM
I know other Mistwalker games were loaded with sidequests. Does The Last Story have bonus dungeons after completing the main game or optional bosses etc.? Thanks to anyone who answers.
---
Good game design died when people began to think having to use outside sources like guides to get past mandatory parts of games was acceptable. - Chipsrgood555
#2twilitwolf267Posted 6/27/2013 6:19:50 PM
There are six (sometimes five, but that's not an important detail here) optional chapters, each of which consists of a dungeon with a boss at the end. Two of those six are only available after defeating the final storyline boss. There is also an optional boss of sorts the first time through season three of the arena and an optional one-on-one boss fight, both of which are also only available after defeating the final storyline boss.
#3BlueKamiPosted 6/27/2013 6:22:08 PM
Yes, there are optional dungeons (that come up during the game) and after completing the main story.
---
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5900/wowwry.png
#4BlueKamiPosted 6/27/2013 6:23:31 PM
twilitwolf267 posted...
There are six (sometimes five, but that's not an important detail here) optional chapters, each of which consists of a dungeon with a boss at the end. Two of those six are only available after defeating the final storyline boss. There is also an optional boss of sorts the first time through season three of the arena and an optional one-on-one boss fight, both of which are also only available after defeating the final storyline boss.

In that case there are also two optional "superboss" fights which are trivialized when you come around overpowered in New Game +.
---
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/5900/wowwry.png
#5RayjasonPosted 6/28/2013 4:49:58 AM
saint35 posted...
I know other Mistwalker games were loaded with sidequests. Does The Last Story have bonus dungeons after completing the main game or optional bosses etc.? Thanks to anyone who answers.

Concerning sidequests... There are a few which gives you access to a "bonus" area (or bonus dungeons). This game doesn't has 400+ of fetching sidequests (fetching as in, spending 2 hours on getting 3 items). It actually doesn't has a lot of sidequests, but the ones that are available are actually quite rewarding and not all too bothersome.

It does have bonus dungeons. Throughout the game, when you talk to the citizens some will ask you for a favor which enables bonus dungeons. If you finish the game new dungeons become available as well, but once again you have to discover how to get access to them.

All of the dungeons have some sort of strong enemy.

I did my best to write without spoilers; aka listing how many dungeons there are etc. ~
---
THE LAST STORY [PAL]: KANAN
"Tada hitori kimi no tame nara" ~ Song 4 u / ayumi hamasaki