question about pvp

#1JF7XPosted 8/13/2011 10:16:25 AM
So I tried pvp and found it to be confusing. as in if i was doing a 1v1 with some one, other people can suddenly join? And also I dont know if i just suck with Rena but I keep getting owned in pvp.
---
I detect the taint of chaos in this thread. Once Pedobear gets involved it's time for EXTERMINATUS
#2EndgamePosted 8/14/2011 7:39:00 PM
as long as slots are open, people can barge in active PVP games, yes

if you just started out the game, then it's understandable that you'd be losing

but you went Sniping Ranger, didn't you? the thing about Sniping Ranger/Grand Archer is that her power is in her ranged attacks, but her melee capabilities don't change much from base job, and it's hard to keep them away enough to make ranged attacks worthwhile when they're focused only on you, this makes her the worst class for 1v1 PVP (that doesn't mean it's impossible to win though), however, she is godly in team matches
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#3JF7X(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 10:00:38 PM
i see. im wondering if it would've been better if i had gone with the melee archer instead. also thanks for all your answers so far.
---
I detect the taint of chaos in this thread. Once Pedobear gets involved it's time for EXTERMINATUS
#4EndgamePosted 8/15/2011 8:05:02 AM
Combat Ranger is a bit underpowered, but Wind Sneaker is incredibly overpowered thanks to an active that temporarily increases the damage of her Z attacks by a huge amount (although it makes each Z attack cost MP), and the 3rd and 4th hits of her new combo (ZZ>ZZ) already hit harder than everyone else's Z attacks to begin with

if you enter a PVP room with a Wind Sneaker, people will try to avoid you/kick you
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#5ArcarusPosted 8/29/2011 7:28:46 PM
Here is a tip, absolutly every character in this game all the ones going to coming out included have a pvp/pve class. while one class is meant for doing dungeons, the other class is for pvp. I'll list them all and the reasons why. (and when you see the reason understand that while they work in one mode, the way they change for the other mode affects the reason of why they aren't as good compared to pvp/pve).

Elsword-
Rune slayer=pvp can do damage from far away so it doesnt have to get close to others.
Lord knight=PvE High damage output on the enemies but very close ranged.

Rena-
Windseeker= PvP-has endless combos great for pvp
Grand Archer= PvE easy to destroy bosses with her abilities

Aisha-
High magican= PvE- massive damage on bosses
Dark magican= PvP- Great life steal abilities for pvp unlike pve

Raven-
Reckless fist= PvP- High damage output but close ranged
Sword master= PvE- endless combos, great abilities for fighting bosses

Eve-
Code Nemisis=PvP not totaly sure but this is a fact
Code Emperess= PvP same here

Chung-
Iron paladin = Very close ranged, massive damage, and can take hit like a boss
Deadly Chaser= great ranged attacks and specials for bosses.

Note that Eve and Chung are not out yet. Hopefully this was of use to you but before I end let me just say, while the classes may not be suited to what I said there weren't suited too doesn't mean you can't use them in that mode. It might make it more of a challenge but go for it either way.
---
Whats my username? it's : KidTryAgainAnotherDay
Whats my pass? it's : YouThoughThisWouldWorkDidntYou
#6dynamomasterPosted 8/31/2011 6:02:53 PM
I'm sorry, Arcarus, but your list is almost completely incorrect. I'm going to assume you're still learning about Elsword right now. I had a hard time reading the rest of your post once you recommended Blade Master for PvE.

I'm hoping Endgame takes the time to refute everything as he will have more reasons/facts than I do, but I'll step in if I have to.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/phanir
http://www.mhf3.com/account/Phanir
#7EndgamePosted 8/31/2011 7:36:41 PM
Elsword:

Rune Slayer is outright the better choice for PVP and PVE because PVP and the rest of Velder we don't have yet heavily favor ranged attackers over melee only classes like Lord Knight and Blade Master (yes, LK has Armageddon Blade, but in higher level PVP matches, getting 300 MP is quite a feat since everyone can pretty much force anyone else to mana break or die), and in PVE, RS has some good 200 MP AoE skills while LK won't get one until much later on, although LK is more flexible and, to be honest, much more fun to play as a result

however, when it comes to Hell Mode and Henrir Timespace parties, I hear that in the korean version, Rune Slayers are denied while Lord Knights are tolerated due to LK having higher damage output, but when it comes right down to it, Elsword as a whole is underpowered, and many of us suspect that KoG hates him (especially those of us who main LK or RS)

Aisha:

both classes are very good in both PVE and PVP, Void Princess is outright the most powerful class in PVP (US VPs don't quite know how to play the class yet, but ask anyone who's played another version and they'll tell you all about it), and Elemental Master's supportive abilities and longer range fireballs make her an invaluable asset to any party, although she doesn't have the raw damage that VP has

Aisha has a higher learning curve than anyone else though, Void Princess takes more effort to learn how to dominate PVP than, say, Wind Sneaker

Rena:

Grand Archer is outright the best PVE class because she can XX almost everything from a safe distance (although the US version for some reason made her first arrow cost 10 MP, which makes XX not so effective and forces them to kick more), and Gungnir can rape the giant bosses, and she is godly in team PVP

Wind Sneaker is decent in PVE, but is incredibly overpowered in PVP, mainly due to Nature Force, but she really has no weakness, since she has better melee capabilities than anyone else, AND the only classes better at ranged combat than her are Grand Archer, Elemental Master, and Deadly Chaser

Raven:

Reckless Fist is outright superior for both PVE and PVP, sorry, but it's true

for PVE, he has an all purpose skill that's good for almost everything in Valkyrie's Javelin, that even outdamages his 300 MP skill Nuclear against larger bosses (and can be used more often due to lower MP cost), and in PVP he gets Arc Enemy, which lowers the Knockdown Counter and allows him to do even longer combos, and Wild Charge hits really hard and can be worked into combos as well, and he has a better method of catching people than LK and BM in >>^ZX
---
#8EndgamePosted 8/31/2011 7:36:48 PM
Blade Master does decent in PVP due to great combo potential, a debuff that keeps opponents from running, and decent mobility, but he's outright the worst class in PVE, because he has the worst skills when it comes to dealing damage to bosses (although those skills are great at clearing out trash)

although he has a potentially godly bossing skill in Hypersonic Stab, but it does low damage if it hits just one enemy, and needs 3 or more enemies to get hit by it in order to do high damage, problem is, most of the time, the boss is the only one in the boss "room" by the time you have HSS, Chloe is the only boss it really gets to rape since she has wave after wave of reinforcements

when it comes to endgame content however, Blade Master's mob killing capabilities make him valuable for parties, and partying in general will make his low boss damage less of an issue since most bosses go down pretty quickly to an entire party unloading 300 MP skills anyway

Eve:

Eve is pretty much the only balanced character in the game, so much that even her two classes are evenly matched

PVE: Nemesis is better at clearing out the stage, while Empress is better at taking out the boss, while they both do decently in the area the other excels at

PVP: Empress has higher overall performance and more tools for different situations, while Nemesis has a few ways to really screw over opponents, namely her 300 MP skills Queen's Throne, getting 300 MP is pretty hard in higher level PVP since you'll need to mana break, but if you manage to use QT, you can more or less completely slaughter an opponent (unless it's Aisha, she can pretty much teleport away for 30 seconds and wait for it to wear off)

Chung:

Deadly Chaser is better at PVE for pretty much the same reasons Elemental Master and Grand Archer are, but that difference is small because Iron Princess, I mean Paladin doesn't share the same weaknesses as Elsword and Raven when it comes to dealing with the melee unfriendly stages, and is better in PVP for these reasons

Iron Paladin gets attacks that grant (almost) invincibility, well, Chung has them in base job, but advancement to Fury Guardian gives two more lengthy ones, and IP has the combo potential of Lord Knight, as well as plenty of other things that were exclusive to LK, hell, IP is basically LK but better in every way

how much better? IP gets Land Demolisher, it's like Armageddon Blade and Queen's Throne had a baby, and it only costs 200 MP

I think that about sums it up
---
#9DextrestarPosted 9/28/2011 2:09:08 PM
Endgame posted...
Blade Master does decent in PVP due to great combo potential, a debuff that keeps opponents from running, and decent mobility, but he's outright the worst class in PVE, because he has the worst skills when it comes to dealing damage to bosses (although those skills are great at clearing out trash)

although he has a potentially godly bossing skill in Hypersonic Stab, but it does low damage if it hits just one enemy, and needs 3 or more enemies to get hit by it in order to do high damage, problem is, most of the time, the boss is the only one in the boss "room" by the time you have HSS, Chloe is the only boss it really gets to rape since she has wave after wave of reinforcements

when it comes to endgame content however, Blade Master's mob killing capabilities make him valuable for parties, and partying in general will make his low boss damage less of an issue since most bosses go down pretty quickly to an entire party unloading 300 MP skills anyway

Eve:

Eve is pretty much the only balanced character in the game, so much that even her two classes are evenly matched

PVE: Nemesis is better at clearing out the stage, while Empress is better at taking out the boss, while they both do decently in the area the other excels at

PVP: Empress has higher overall performance and more tools for different situations, while Nemesis has a few ways to really screw over opponents, namely her 300 MP skills Queen's Throne, getting 300 MP is pretty hard in higher level PVP since you'll need to mana break, but if you manage to use QT, you can more or less completely slaughter an opponent (unless it's Aisha, she can pretty much teleport away for 30 seconds and wait for it to wear off)

Chung:

Deadly Chaser is better at PVE for pretty much the same reasons Elemental Master and Grand Archer are, but that difference is small because Iron Princess, I mean Paladin doesn't share the same weaknesses as Elsword and Raven when it comes to dealing with the melee unfriendly stages, and is better in PVP for these reasons

Iron Paladin gets attacks that grant (almost) invincibility, well, Chung has them in base job, but advancement to Fury Guardian gives two more lengthy ones, and IP has the combo potential of Lord Knight, as well as plenty of other things that were exclusive to LK, hell, IP is basically LK but better in every way

how much better? IP gets Land Demolisher, it's like Armageddon Blade and Queen's Throne had a baby, and it only costs 200 MP

I think that about sums it up

sorry but you must be retarded...