please explain something to me

#1SomethingKinkyPosted 7/7/2011 11:05:43 PM
Darksiders 2 is supposed to take place at the same time as the first one right? How is death roaming around when he, fury and strife were just released at the end of the first game when uriel breaks the seventh seal? The cutscene even shows the other three horseman coming to join war. Am I thinking too hard about this?
#2ufojoePosted 7/8/2011 11:33:49 AM(edited)
yea that seemed kind of odd for me to but the only explanation i thought of was that at some point all 3 remaining horse men (including Death) were sealed again. so maybe at the end of Darksiders 2 Death will be sealed again? only to be unsealed by War right after (edning of Darksiders 1). only explanation i could think of.
#3A_Wasted_LifePosted 7/8/2011 7:02:42 PM
Well I think that Death is actually roaming around the underworld or something during this game so he isn't on Earth with War just yet.
---
Killing's the first thing humans learned. And a good thing we did, or we'd be dead, and the Mudcrabs would own the earth.
#4lostuser2779Posted 7/10/2011 5:42:42 AM
even though they are seals they are not too lock away the horsemen when there broken they call them not release and at the end of darksiders you just see the other 3 riding towards war which could easily mean that the whole time they were on the way to help... their just abit slow :P
---
add my gamertag Crimsonviking13
#5hhswn1Posted 7/11/2011 11:58:15 AM

If I remember correctly, War was imprisoned for around a century after he triggered the apocalypse. DS2 is Death's story about finding out what happened to his brother, so this very well could take place during the century of War's 'absence'.

#6Tech9Posted 8/2/2011 10:56:13 AM
I hope they find a logical way to link up the games, without being tacky.

I really liked Darksiders 1 and the story elements were pretty good. I'd hate to have all that wasted by trivial stuff trying to link the second game. Those are the little kinds of things I notice and can ruin a game/movie/comic book for me.

The next question is what system will I purchase this on...
#7TheGamerGod____Posted 8/2/2011 1:58:26 PM
Around the time War was imprisoned and framed, Death doesn't believe his brother would do such a thing as he's the most...er..."good" out of all of the horsemen. So he goes to help War by proving that he is innocent. Then War gets released and Darksiders 1 happens. And I assume Death is sealed like the other horsemen...if they are sealed. Could be possible that Fury and Strife are still running around, in case if they get games too.
---
~CynicalHobo
"Hating everyone and everything in this world since he became able to hate them."
#8NabucodonosorIIPosted 8/9/2011 10:18:10 PM

hhswn1 posted...

If I remember correctly, War was imprisoned for around a century after he triggered the apocalypse. DS2 is Death's story about finding out what happened to his brother, so this very well could take place during the century of War's 'absence'.

Exactly.

The prologue plays presently.

The rest of whole game plays a century later.

It can be related to these 100 years or after the final cut-scene from DS1.

#9AtrumRuinaPosted 8/15/2011 4:05:52 AM
As I understand it, looking at the Wikipedia description of DSII's story, Death won't be on Earth during the time of Darksiders. This is the last line of the story's description on that site:

"Death travels to the Nether Realms, a place between Heaven and Hell, to call in favors from powerful beings that rule the realm."

Looking at DS's story, it wouldn't make sense for Death to be on Earth as he was released when the seventh seal was broken at the end of the game. My bet would be that DSII will take place largely during the events of DS. Near the middle or last quarter of the game, Death will be released and his "favors" will come into play as he assists War in proving his innocence. They will then begin their quest to restore the balance and, one would hope, restore humanity. This will begin the overarching story which will engage the other two Horsemen. That would be my guess, anyway.
---
"Suppose you throw a coin enough times. . .suppose one day, it lands on its edge." -Kain