How popular was the first game?

#1Abyss89Posted 2/20/2012 3:51:43 PM
The reason i ask is i can't work out why they wouldn't release a collectors edition.
I loved the first game and i thought it was reasonably popular but the only reason i can think of is maybe it wasn't as popular as i thought and they aren't sure about the number willing to pay for a collectors edition.
Has anyone got any info to way they aren't releasing one?
---
"Such is life" - Ned Kelly
the definition of awesome = reddit
#2spongemonkey26Posted 2/20/2012 5:52:26 PM
I guarantee once Darksiders 2 is released you will find a greatest hits version of Darksiders 1 at all your local retailers. You can't find it now because retailers generally only keep newer games in stock.
---
GT: Kilo in NorCal
#3Abyss89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 6:56:55 PM
^thanks
then i see no reason why they wouldn't release a collectors edition of Darksiders 2 then... So why aren't they?
---
#4Freedan the EternalPosted 2/23/2012 12:57:32 PM
As I recall, Darksiders 1 actually sold really well the first couple weeks. It was after the initial wave that the disappointment and complaining starting coming in.

I'll admit, the game was far from perfect, but freaking Sonic '06 got a platinum hits edition. I'd expect one to turn up sooner or later for Darksiders.

As for a collector's edition for Darksiders 2... I can't really say. But what would they include other than an art book or something? I, personally, despise Bioware's route with their ME3 CE and DLC crap, and I'd rather there be no CE at all than have that stuff up there.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#5Abyss89(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2012 2:52:46 PM
Freedan the Eternal posted...
As I recall, Darksiders 1 actually sold really well the first couple weeks. It was after the initial wave that the disappointment and complaining starting coming in.

I'll admit, the game was far from perfect, but freaking Sonic '06 got a platinum hits edition. I'd expect one to turn up sooner or later for Darksiders.

As for a collector's edition for Darksiders 2... I can't really say. But what would they include other than an art book or something? I, personally, despise Bioware's route with their ME3 CE and DLC crap, and I'd rather there be no CE at all than have that stuff up there.

thank for the info i don't like what bioware did for ME3 either but i was hoping for something like deaths mask or something, more on the lines of that. Not in game content. O well.
---