mono a mono..

#1green_aboboPosted 3/17/2012 12:06:33 AM
who'd win?

death or war? ill start it..

it'd be a good fight. especially on horseback.
#2Xeros CandelaPosted 3/17/2012 8:17:43 PM
Death, no contest. Against the others, War would win, but not against the oldest Horseman.
---
Insert coin(s) to continue...
#3vgman94Posted 3/18/2012 2:51:54 PM
Death is canonically stated to be the eldest and most feared of the Horsemen as well as their leader, so he'd most likely be able to take on War and win unless War is empowered by something else. Even in gameplay terms, Death is more versatile, powerful and skilled than War is, albeit War is very close to his level of ability.
#4MetalSonicSwordPosted 3/20/2012 4:47:02 PM
vgman94 posted...
Death is canonically stated to be the eldest and most feared of the Horsemen as well as their leader, so he'd most likely be able to take on War and win unless War is empowered by something else. Even in gameplay terms, Death is more versatile, powerful and skilled than War is, albeit War is very close to his level of ability.

I doubt it.

War in the comics cant harm Death, and Death regenerates from any successful attack, then takes War's arm off with an attack so fast nobody saw it
---
The official Fuu of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board.
Ra Ra ah-ah-ah rama ra-ma-ma ga ga ooh la la
#5vgman94Posted 3/20/2012 6:21:26 PM
I'm taking into account gameplay only. There is something called Gameplay and Story Segregation. Perhaps you've heard of it (I'm not saying this sarcastically).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

In media like comics and cartoons/anime and those, Death could easily outmatch War, In media like video games, there's no reason to believe Death would be far more powerful when he has similar gameplay mechanics to War. If there was a vs. mode that used the actual gameplay of both of them, it would be hard to say Death is vastly superior. As most of the game uses gameplay cutscenes to show it's story, it makes it even harder to believe Death is the way he was shown in the comic.
#6MetalSonicSwordPosted 3/21/2012 9:59:30 AM
vgman94 posted...
I'm taking into account gameplay only. There is something called Gameplay and Story Segregation. Perhaps you've heard of it (I'm not saying this sarcastically).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

In media like comics and cartoons/anime and those, Death could easily outmatch War, In media like video games, there's no reason to believe Death would be far more powerful when he has similar gameplay mechanics to War. If there was a vs. mode that used the actual gameplay of both of them, it would be hard to say Death is vastly superior. As most of the game uses gameplay cutscenes to show it's story, it makes it even harder to believe Death is the way he was shown in the comic.

You never stated that in your initial post, you just asked who could win a fight with no specifics. Maybe you've heard of being specific, so I can give you a proper answer.

I still say Death though
---
#7vgman94Posted 3/21/2012 9:49:44 PM
I was wondering how you misunderstood. Then I realized I wrote "canonically". Canon implies story. Despite that error, we both pretty much agree that Death would win more often than not. I'm just saying Death in the gameplay would have a hard time with War, whom he easily defeated in the comics.
#8MetalSonicSwordPosted 3/25/2012 10:49:17 AM
vgman94 posted...
I was wondering how you misunderstood. Then I realized I wrote "canonically". Canon implies story. Despite that error, we both pretty much agree that Death would win more often than not. I'm just saying Death in the gameplay would have a hard time with War, whom he easily defeated in the comics.

yeah, Chaos forms invulnerability is also a factor, as well as that other sword War gets after Chaos Eater.

However, we dont know what kinds of overpowerment Death may get in this game
---
#9ISmellStuffPosted 4/4/2012 12:02:12 AM
War. Because he looks cooler, and he is the rider of War.