Will you be able to block?

#1ISmellStuffPosted 4/3/2012 3:57:15 PM
I know it seems crazy, but not being able to block often makes me not want to purchase a game. Even if you can not in this one it still looks too good to pass up. But I wanna block dammit.
#2WarHead2011Posted 4/3/2012 10:35:01 PM
It wouldnt make no sense to not have a block button so that would no brainer there. Lol
---
XBL Gamer Tag: Fliggaman
#3ISmellStuff(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 11:59:14 PM
Well I remember reading a Game Informer article (drunk, can't provide link or anything) that said Death only dodged, because they wanted to put the idea out that he was much more agile. I really hope there is one though. Here's a thought, though; if there is no block button, does that mean that there are no counter attacks as well? So, in the name of logic, there must be blocks. Still looking for more confirmation, however.
#4Steel_ShadowsPosted 4/4/2012 7:17:24 AM
It could be somewhat like Bayonetta. Excellent action game, but no blocking, only dodging. Your counterattacks came if you dodged at the last second and activated witch time. I don't know if this game will have anything like that, but just looking at what little footage is out there, Death's dodge/dash looks a lot more fluid than War's.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#5Freedan the EternalPosted 4/4/2012 9:52:29 AM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I barely ever blocked in the first game anyway.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#6mandaloretasticPosted 4/4/2012 10:15:26 PM
They've said multiple times that he will not block. He can only dodge. As the above poster said, counter attack will likely occur when you dodge last second.
---
GT: Comandersnow. I do the internet on my droid and type there on it. I hate typing on sites with it. If you read this, consider yourself blessed by odin.
#7AtrumRuinaPosted 4/5/2012 6:36:44 PM
Yeah, my main gripe with this game is this detail, oddly enough. For the record, as mentioned above they have stated multiple times that Death will not have a block ability. I personally love the ability to play defensively and counter attacks are one of my favorite ways to deal damage in any game. It's odd, but how I roll.

Hopefully they'll have a bit of a "dodge, dash in for extra damage" attack that will act as a counter.
---
"Suppose you throw a coin enough times. . .suppose one day, it lands on its edge." -Kain
#8MetalSonicSwordPosted 4/6/2012 5:53:01 AM
ISmellStuff posted...
I know it seems crazy, but not being able to block often makes me not want to purchase a game. Even if you can not in this one it still looks too good to pass up. But I wanna block dammit.

why would you want to block when you can just mow everything down without it?
---
The official Fuu of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board.
Ra Ra ah-ah-ah rama ra-ma-ma ga ga ooh la la
#9Freedan the EternalPosted 4/15/2012 12:58:27 PM
MetalSonicSword posted...
ISmellStuff posted...

why would you want to block when you can just mow everything down without it?

Kind of like Bayonetta. Can't block there, and you don't need to anyway. I guess you could use the item that gives you the ability to parry, but that's actually more difficult than just dodging anyway.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#10sonicteam2k1Posted 4/21/2012 7:26:58 AM
they want to keep him the most agile and dodging keeps him moving. blocking will require death to stand still for a millisecond or 2. they want him moving at all times during combat.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own