Should I completed Darksiders 1 first?

#1FritzenwaldenPosted 8/11/2012 9:27:06 PM
I actually played it last year and gotten almost mid game, but my xbox hdd messed up and lost my save... And never got the strenght to make it again, should I really play the 1st one?
#2quietmessiahPosted 8/11/2012 9:31:49 PM
I read online that you don't need to play darksiders 1 and that you could just play darksiders 2 but i heard that playing the first would make the second more enjoyable
#3rrojas_1926Posted 8/11/2012 9:32:25 PM
the game give you 1 weapon and a piece of armor for free if u have a save file of the 1st game and they are usefull at first.

One is Scythe that Give you 20% more critical and Critical hits do +200% of damage wich is really nice. But u cant upgrade or sell these scythe.

And i dont know....maybe..i did play the 1st game back them and i finish the game again 2 months ago.
---
MH tri Name Vaz. FF 7=6=9>X>4>5>8>3>2>1>X-2>12>>>>>>>>>>>>13 Worst FF ever 13
#4matt2d2007Posted 8/11/2012 9:49:25 PM
if you have the game itself then why not? it was a great game ,great ending.and it's something to do while you wait for DS2
#5Oni_TatsujinPosted 8/11/2012 10:57:16 PM
Apparently, Darksiders 2 takes place before / at the same time as the first game (during War's 100 year stasis between the Apocalypse and his return). So yeah, I guess it's fine to just play this... But then again, some characters are making an appearance (Vulgrim, Samael, perhaps Ulthane and, uh, that lady angel chick). You might just want to finish Darksiders 1 anyway just to be safe. After all, Death makes an appearance at the end of the first game...
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#6Snake_GauntletPosted 8/11/2012 11:18:22 PM
Might as well play it. It'll take all of about 15 hours or less (depends on how much you know and how much you want to hunt for upgrades). I just ran through it this week to get refreshed on everything.
---
Chalepa Ta Kala
GT: DeltaPhi359
#7rep_HCPosted 8/12/2012 3:58:30 AM
It's so rare that I complete any game now a day, but I beat the first one twice. Surprized you, even have to ask, as it's a great game. Constant different aspects where the gameplay changes significantly.
---
No one knows what it means, but it's provocative...gets the people GOING!!!
#8Andrew_RyannPosted 8/13/2012 2:39:24 AM
The only thing you need the first one for is to understand what Death is trying to do, otherwise its not really clear. In the first one, the Apocalypse is started early, so War goes down to Earth to see what's up. He is then blamed for starting it and has to stand trial before "The Council", who are in essence the 4 horsemen's superiors. The game begins right as War has to stand before the council.

In the game's lore there are Angels, Demons, and Humans. The Apocalypse killed off all humans, so Death believes that if he can resurrect mankind, then it will somehow spare his brother War from the council's wrath, as he would be "undoing" the consequence of beginning the Apocalypse. It really doesn't make any sense to me as there's another big reason why the Apocalypse screwed up the "balance", but saying it would be a spoiler from the first game.

As long as you know all the above, you're good to go for this game, as it doesn't ever really mention the first game ever again.
#9PhoenixAssassinPosted 8/13/2012 3:19:36 AM
if you want here is basically darksiders 1 in 2 hour movie form

http://asia.gamespot.com/features/darksiders-playthrough-highlights-6391165/?tag=Topslot%3bDarksidersPlaythroughHighlights%3bDarksidersPlaythroughHi
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#10Ice WeaselPosted 8/13/2012 5:30:26 AM
Oni_Tatsujin posted...
After all, Death makes an appearance at the end of the first game...

That's kind of a stretch, lol.