So whats arcane for?

#1paulguyPosted 8/12/2012 8:09:46 PM
Starting to show up in weapon and equipment stats but no idea what its for. Haven't been paying full attention so might have missed an earlier explanation if they gave one in the game.
---
Mass Effect 3 is one hell of a game!!
#2Exiled0nePosted 8/12/2012 8:12:31 PM
paulguy posted...
Starting to show up in weapon and equipment stats but no idea what its for. Haven't been paying full attention so might have missed an earlier explanation if they gave one in the game.

It's probably used for Magic Damage, like how there is Fire, Ice and Lightning Damage, Arcane must be used as Magic Damage.
#3paulguy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 8:15:58 PM
maybe magic offense since theres also an arcane critical chance stat...?
---
Mass Effect 3 is one hell of a game!!
#4rudy_russoPosted 8/15/2012 6:19:01 AM
so i was curious about arcane also and the online instruction manual (which can be found at www.thq.com/manuals) states "Arcane – This indicates how powerful Death’s Wrath Abilities and Elemental effects are.".. hope this helps ya..
#5PaperLink546Posted 8/15/2012 9:59:17 PM
So Teleport Slash's crit chance comes from arcane crit chance and not regular crit chance.... wish I would have known that when I was upgrading my possessed weapons.
#6ssj5kingPosted 8/15/2012 10:05:06 PM
Arcane is for any type of magic attack you use plus it makes Reaper Form more powerful too.
---
Xbox Live GT: Nnnking
#7daggermanPosted 8/16/2012 6:30:50 AM
rudy_russo posted...
so i was curious about arcane also and the online instruction manual (which can be found at www.thq.com/manuals) states "Arcane – This indicates how powerful Death’s Wrath Abilities and Elemental effects are.".. hope this helps ya..

I couldn't see an online instruction manual at that location. Did you have a direct link? It's appalling that I am having to search through veritable online gutters to find a damn game manual... how hard would it have been to have something in game that explains what the stats do?

Hurr durr, strength obviously makes you hit harder - how MUCH harder? How much does protection and resistance reduce damage by? Is it worth sacrificing X stat for Y? These are questions a manual could have answered or at least given some hint as to the answer...

Oh wait, they would rather charge us $10 for the 'prima strategy guide', and we all know how terrible and inaccurate those things are (either by reputation or first hand experience).
---
If you "could care less", it means you DO care at least enough to care less than that.
Therefore if you "could care less", you do care.
#8Darth VengerPosted 8/16/2012 7:45:53 AM
daggerman posted...
rudy_russo posted...

I couldn't see an online instruction manual at that location. Did you have a direct link? It's appalling that I am having to search through veritable online gutters to find a damn game manual... how hard would it have been to have something in game that explains what the stats do?

Hurr durr, strength obviously makes you hit harder - how MUCH harder? How much does protection and resistance reduce damage by? Is it worth sacrificing X stat for Y? These are questions a manual could have answered or at least given some hint as to the answer...

Oh wait, they would rather charge us $10 for the 'prima strategy guide', and we all know how terrible and inaccurate those things are (either by reputation or first hand experience).

You're saying what we are all thinking. . . !
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.