PSA: Don't skip side quests. Most reward Skill Points and permenent stat-ups.

#1Oni_TatsujinPosted 8/15/2012 6:10:43 PM
You're not simply just leveling up when you turn in that side-quest, most of them reward skill points on completion. It's mostly the collect-athon quests, like the Food-Gems and the Ostagoth Relics, but I've had a few rewarded from kill and fetch quests. Don't overlook any...

If one played very thoroughly and completed every quest and optional area... and then moved on to New Game Plus and did it all again, it's looking plausible that maxing out the entire skill tree is possible! Surely that would make The Crucible a piece of cake.

P.S

Anyone else find that secondary weapons are much, much better than actual scythes? Even though I have a level 5 Possess Scythe, my Purple Claws of equal level decimates foes at twice the speed. I don't even use my Scythe any more... When I use that, uh, green aura Wrath move, my critical hit chance goes up to 50% with the claws! I'm level 18 and each Claw crit does 1,500-2,000 damage... And claws are freakin' fast as lighting. I think there's three hits a second. Crazy.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#2Gogo726Posted 8/15/2012 6:18:47 PM
Can sidequests be permanently missed?
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#3Oni_Tatsujin(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2012 6:21:27 PM
I don't think so, but presumably tackling the final boss would put you in NG+ with no way back...
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view, sweet cheeks ;)
#4DiamondZPosted 8/15/2012 6:26:45 PM
New game plus does give extra skill points for redoing the side quest stuff, im at 45 now so it would be possible to unlock every skill if one were to beat the game multiple times. Also at this point I have already hit 100 percent crit chance in just new game plus. Also your rocks and relics do not carry over so make sure to spend them before finishing the game.
#5Gogo726Posted 8/15/2012 6:55:59 PM
I've heard you can only do one NG+. Is this true?
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#6HouseOfBladesPosted 8/15/2012 7:02:55 PM
Gogo726 posted...
I've heard you can only do one NG+. Is this true?

I haven't heard of this, I wouldn't think there was only one new game plus. Yet I'll think it's a 50/50.
#7Isaac_RedfieldPosted 8/15/2012 7:13:13 PM
DiamondZ posted...
New game plus does give extra skill points for redoing the side quest stuff, im at 45 now so it would be possible to unlock every skill if one were to beat the game multiple times. Also at this point I have already hit 100 percent crit chance in just new game plus. Also your rocks and relics do not carry over so make sure to spend them before finishing the game.

So they took out the supposed hard level cap that was supposed to have been implemented until it unlocks via DLC? They said the level cap would prevent you from accessing all of the skills.
#8DiamondZPosted 8/15/2012 8:38:27 PM
Just to clarify im level 30 with 45 skill points. I have yet to beat new game +, and just assumed that they would have new game ++.
#9TrueDozenMarksPosted 8/15/2012 8:49:30 PM
If there's unlimited NG+, then yes, you should theoretically be able to max out everything.

If there's only the single NG+, then I highly doubt it. There's 33 different skills, which should come out to 99 Skill Points to max them all. With only getting 29 by level-up's alone, that would mean you need to garner another 35 Skill Points on each playthrough in some fashion to get every skill maxed, which I doubt will happen.
#10mearhar1Posted 8/15/2012 9:17:44 PM
There is only one NG+...this was discussed multiple times before the release of the game