Crucible Glitch. Need Help.

#1F_O_R_E_S_TPosted 8/16/2012 7:02:55 PM
*Spoilers possibly*
So I just beat the Guardian and I got the message/invite for the Crucible. So I decided to go check it out. I try and I die so its whatever. I restarted after dying and I go to exit the Crucible and then out of nowhere I get an achievement for completing the tree of life...and I get sent to the tree of the dead. Has anyone encountered this or am I the only one that got screwed...hard? And is it fixable or do i have to start over again :(
---
Xbox 360: SeasickWhale
360: Battlefield 3. Skyrim. Darksiders 2. Torchlight. Netflix.
#2inkf301Posted 8/16/2012 7:43:29 PM
What is the glitch? Seems you got the achieve for clearing the first part, so either move to the next area or try The Crucible some more. If I am misreading your message, sorry, but I don't actually hear anything wrong.
#3inkf301Posted 8/16/2012 7:45:09 PM
Also, if you are worried about completing The Crucible, it appears on the map for City of the Dead too.
#4F_O_R_E_S_T(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 8:20:26 PM
Sorry im just flustered about what happened put a lot of time in that save and i dont want anything to ruin it. Basically im wondering if after beating the guardian is there more a road you go through to the tree and you fight more? Or do you go straight to the tree of dead?
If its still confusing im sorry im not very good at explanations.
Here is what happened.
1. I beat the Guardian. Got the 2 achievements.
2. Went to tome got invite for Crucible.
3. Went to Crucible, died after 4th wave(no health potions)
4. re spawned at Crucible and pressed B to exit.
5. Achievement popped up for completion of Tree of Life.
6. Cut scene happened about corruption (spoiler for me :((( no me gusta)
7. ended up at the Tree of Dead with the goat guy.

And here I am now sad because idk what to do if i got glitched or not.
Sorry for the long post here is an imaginary potato *potato*
---
#5GamefreakAlphaPosted 8/16/2012 9:05:56 PM
Same thing just happened to me. Defeated Guardian, decided to try out the crucible before continuing story, died on wave 4 of crucible, left crucible and got the Tree of Life achievement and a cutscene started with Death approaching some door. (I dashboarded out though because I had no clue what was going on).
---
This sig is dedicated to Tony Jay, possibly the greatest villain voice ever. R.I.P. Tony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmn9iH6bHJc
#6tureliorsPosted 8/16/2012 9:30:36 PM(edited)
I haven't gone to the crucible yet, but after you beat the guardian, you go to the tree of life and there you get that said cutscene (believe me, there doesn't happen anything aside that cutscene) and you'll be on the land of the dead.

I don't think you are glitched because that's supposed to happen, but for some reason the game just skipped your travel to the tree of life.
#7PhoenixAssassinPosted 8/16/2012 9:33:47 PM
what happens is when ever you leave the crucible it takes you to the tree of life, and no you didnt miss much. you unlocked the crucible because you cleared the 1st area. all you had left to do was head to the tree of life.
---
"Apparently the phrase "mile high club" equals sex to some and COD to others lol" -wretchedsmurf
#8F_O_R_E_S_T(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 9:41:56 PM
Sweet. Hahaha thought I was screwed big time or something. Thanks for the help guys.
---
#9GamefreakAlphaPosted 8/16/2012 9:58:40 PM
Thanks from me as well, good to know.
---
This sig is dedicated to Tony Jay, possibly the greatest villain voice ever. R.I.P. Tony
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmn9iH6bHJc