Just finished playing, end game questions? (spoilers)

#1Haseo16Posted 8/20/2012 6:32:04 PM
I just finished playing and I personally loved the game, I guess i'm just a little confused about the ending, and at what time does this game take place? If anyone can provide a lengthy description it would be greatly appreciated haha. Thanks in advance :)
#2kidishPosted 8/20/2012 6:36:58 PM
I like how you request a lengthy summation. I was going to write one, but it is short, so I won't burden you.
#3Haseo16(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 7:13:18 PM(edited)
Short is fine, I just didn't think this was going to be one of those things that could be written in a short paragraph. Mainly because I was confused about the ending in general which is one thing, and when the game took place as another. I mean, even if no one could write an answer to that, any idea of websites that might have what I'm looking for? All I could find were reviews. So i'm guessing none are up yet.
#4ElricVanClausPosted 8/20/2012 7:12:12 PM
Just finished it myself.

What I think happened:

The game happens during War's "sleep" between the intro of Darksiders 1 and the actual game (those 100 years). Since by the end of the game, War is fighting Destroyer.

Death had to sacrifice the Nephilin, his kin, to resurrect humanity. Which he did by sacrificing himself. But, from what I'm getting, as War breaks the 7th Seal to call the Riders, it resurrects Death too.

Not quite sure anything really "happened" in this game.
#5Haseo16(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 7:16:12 PM
So is the sleep something to do with being held with the charred council? And so Darksiders 2 in a sense shows deaths PoV during those 100 years of Wars start and his end?
#6ElricVanClausPosted 8/20/2012 7:24:06 PM
That's what I'm getting out of it. It seems.
#7Haseo16(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 7:27:47 PM
Ah I see, well I'm starting NG+ tomorrow so I suppose I'll keep my eyes out for any details that may help, and hope no cut scenes go silent this run haha. Excellent game though
#8zeroboboPosted 8/20/2012 8:29:49 PM
ElricVanClaus posted...
Just finished it myself.

What I think happened:

The game happens during War's "sleep" between the intro of Darksiders 1 and the actual game (those 100 years). Since by the end of the game, War is fighting Destroyer.

Death had to sacrifice the Nephilin, his kin, to resurrect humanity. Which he did by sacrificing himself. But, from what I'm getting, as War breaks the 7th Seal to call the Riders, it resurrects Death too.

i dont even think he sacrificed himself, i think he just jumped into the well of souls.
#9DrakeSpardaPosted 8/20/2012 8:35:29 PM
zerobobo posted...
ElricVanClaus posted...
Just finished it myself.

What I think happened:

i dont even think he sacrificed himself, i think he just jumped into the well of souls.

He did sacrifice himself. It is just that the power of the Seals breaking was enough to bring him back. Just like War died at the end of DS1 and he came back when the seal was broken.

Only thing that really happened was Death going about taking the path to resurrect humanity to they can come back, and most likely participate in the End War that was now started. It also planted seeds for the Big Boss of the Franchise, which is most likely Lucifer, as per Lilith's conversation at the end of the credits.
---
PSN: DrakeSparda
#10troop4eaglePosted 8/20/2012 8:42:25 PM
lucifer may be a little too direct with the religious reference, darksiders usually avoids being to specific or direct with religion