Voice Actors

#1Ulyaoth74Posted 8/22/2012 11:55:45 PM
Vigil games seems to be doing well with voice actors on their games, so who can we expect to see, who do we want to see?

I personally think Lura Bailey could pull off Fury, and maybe Crispen Freeman for Strife.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#2Mason_CainPosted 8/23/2012 12:01:33 AM
Guan Yu as Strife o.O

Id have loved Absalom's VA as one of them... He MADE DA Origins ten times as epic with hostile portrayal as Loghain.

For Fury the gal behind the Heavenly Sword chick would rock.
---
I am the Tevinter Archon!
#3Ninjamaster07Posted 8/23/2012 12:03:37 AM
I could see Crispin Freeman doing a good strife, even if i do think hes kind of everywhere "cough" Nolan North "cough" I would love to hear simon templeman some more, everytime i hear his voice it brings me back to playing legacy of kain
---
I look forward to the day a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.
#4mmSNAKEPosted 8/23/2012 12:08:33 AM
Id have loved Absalom's VA as one of them... He MADE DA Origins ten times as epic with hostile portrayal as Loghain.

Simon Templeman is one of the best voice actors out there. He, Michael Bell and Tony Jay (RIP) in Legacy of Kain were one of the biggest impacts on quality in voice acting for video games. LoK and MGS set the benchmark for the quality that one can expect out of the voice overs in games.

Kain yelling "Vae Victis" is one of my favorite kill shouts ever.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#5Ninjamaster07Posted 8/23/2012 12:15:04 AM
mmSNAKE posted...

Simon Templeman is one of the best voice actors out there. He, Michael Bell and Tony Jay (RIP) in Legacy of Kain were one of the biggest impacts on quality in voice acting for video games. LoK and MGS set the benchmark for the quality that one can expect out of the voice overs in games.

Kain yelling "Vae Victis" is one of my favorite kill shouts ever.

I love his voice, i believe it was in defiance where the sarafan yelled that he should surrender on the promise of a quick death to which he replied something like

"I could promise you the same, but it would be a lie."

man what a great series, id love a remake of soul reaver or the orignal blood omen, its been far too long
---
I look forward to the day a chicken can cross the road without his motives being questioned.
#6ebola9717Posted 8/23/2012 12:19:20 AM(edited)
mmSNAKE posted...
Simon Templeman is one of the best voice actors out there.

I would never complain if he ended up in every game. His characters are always my favorites.
#7mmSNAKEPosted 8/23/2012 12:21:56 AM
man what a great series, id love a remake of soul reaver or the orignal blood omen, its been far too long

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/rumour-crystal-dynamics-working-on-soul-reaver-reboot/

It's a rumor from few months back but some talk it better than no talk. I won't have my hopes up but if this happens it will definitely make my day. The series has some of the best story telling and audio work done in games to date. It is a shame not many people know about it and hence there is no demand for it.
---
Beatings will continue until morale improves!
#8Ulyaoth74(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 12:53:28 AM
Had to look up the girl in Heavenly Blade, yeah I could see her doing Fury. Also I hope those Legacy of Kain rumors do turn out to be true. I love that serious so much. The story telling, atmosphere, and voice acting in that game has still yet to be matched.
---
"Can you draw two M&Ms fighting with katanas?" -Me
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9606/mmfight.png -aDubiousNotion
#9ebola9717Posted 8/23/2012 1:01:44 AM
mmSNAKE posted...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/rumour-crystal-dynamics-working-on-soul-reaver-reboot/

It's a rumor from few months back but some talk it better than no talk. I won't have my hopes up but if this happens it will definitely make my day. The series has some of the best story telling and audio work done in games to date. It is a shame not many people know about it and hence there is no demand for it.

I hope this is true. CD seems pretty locked into Tomb Raider right now.
#10LDK_VergilPosted 8/23/2012 1:29:32 AM
You who would be AMAZING as Strife?

The guy from Bastion.

I don't know his name, but damn if I could play an entire game with him narrating the adventure. Or, if you're okay with the idea of a Horseman who isn't quite so "gruff", I actually wouldn't mind someone like Harry Connick Jr.