Need Abyssal Forge Help!!!

#1cowboybbp1Posted 12/5/2012 4:15:56 PM
I am at the very beginning of the Abyssal Forge. I just beat the Mad Smith, and he told me to get 7 Chaos Cores. I am trying to enter the room behind the smith to get started, but everytime i do, the game freezes. has anyone else had this issue? what do I do? i have tried deleting and redownloading, and it still freezes. help someone!?
---
Gamertag: The Unus Mundus
PSN: cowboybbp1
#2Jinx32Posted 12/18/2012 11:33:08 AM
You are not the only one. This game has frozen on me dozens of times. I put a complaint into THQ but have yet to hear back. I was able to get all the crystals and bring them back to the Forge Master. He gave me an amulet. Instead of going forward through the level across the acid, I went back to the start to explore. There was an area behind you when you start the DLC that I could now get over to.

Once inside, there is a ball puzzle. Then you get to the next room with a forge and a second ball puzzle where you need to be in two places at once. One spot you push a floor switch to drop a ball out of behind a fence and into a chute, the other spot is a hand crank to spin the floor. If I touch the floor switch, a cinema of the ball falling plays, then the game freezes. 100% of the time. If I instead go for the hand crank, the second I touch the B button to grab it, it freezes up. 100% of the time.

After rebooting the Xbox 10 times, I decided to go back to the Forge Master and do some forward progress instead. Now, when I get to the first ball puzzle of then entire DLC, as soon as I cross the bridge and am within spitting distance of the door to the Forge Master, it locks up. 100% of the time.

Now the DLC is completely broken. I cannot complete it, go forward, or backwards and have no choice but to leave the DLC which I payed for.
---
J
#3Jinx32Posted 12/19/2012 1:59:45 PM
I loaded Belial and tried that. As soon as it loads, I take one step forward and it freezes. This is broken as well. Also, deleting the DLC's resulted in the game stating my gamesave is "unloadable". I cannot play the game at all unless the DLC's are reinstalled. Therefore I am now REQUIRED to have 700 megs of useless data on my hard drive in order to even play the game from now on because i have that stupid amulet from the Forge Master which is the only item I have kept since I started playing the DLC.
---
J
#4cowboybbp1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 5:49:32 PM
If anyone cares, the glitch seems to happen with the DLCs because the game cant recognize certain weapons you pick up IN the DLCs. therefore, any chest that I know has a special weapon, I have been ignoring, and managed to get to the end of all of the DLC missions. Unfortunately, i cant COMPLETE the DLC missions, because the reward is always a weapon that the game doesnt seem to like. so, if i complete 1 mission (and i can complete any one I like) then the game will give me a weapon, and everytime i try to go to finish any of the other missions, the game will freeze up (in fact, it will freeze up in the normal game as well if i talk past a point that triggers an auto save). so, after experimenting with this 100 times with back cloud saves, i finally have just kept my permanent save at the end of the campaign, and fight before the final boss fights of all 3 DLC missions. it is the only thing to do until a patch comes out, which i doubt it ever will.
---
Gamertag: Porta De Verum
PSN: cowboybbp1
#5terb8210Posted 12/28/2012 7:30:38 PM
Would selling/getting rid of/dropping the weapons from the DLC help at all since I'm getting the same problem?
#6Jinx32Posted 1/4/2013 10:17:14 AM
I have nothing new in my inventory except that amulet which allows me to walk on the acid since I am on playthrough one, all maxed out. Nothing is better than what I already have. If I toss it, not sure how I can complete the game.
---
J