if only the new resident evil games were like this

#1benjaminitesPosted 12/29/2012 7:39:29 PM
darksiders 2 is a modern day classic in my humble opinion and i just wish that the resident evil games could have this same atmosphere within a dungeon or gothic mansion with these types of puzzles to solve...only with guns and zombies! the old R.E games had the puzzles and gothic feeling but they lost it with the last 2 games. capcom should take notes from this great game for the future of R.E titles.
#2CycknessPosted 12/29/2012 8:09:27 PM
While I'm a huge fan of this game and a dedicated non-fan of the direction the RE franchise has taken, I can't say I agree with what you're saying.

The thing is while Darksiders II is a very atmospheric game it is never really scary nor does it have a sense of foreboding about it. Also, a RE game doesn't need to be "gothic" to be scary.

Sort of agree about the puzzles though.
---
PSN: FuriousGeorge3
"The ice man cometh, Sander Baby... The ice man ******* cometh"
#3benjaminites(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2012 8:21:17 PM
it was that gothic castle from RE4 that really impressed me. i loved the atmosphere and if they had the puzzles from earlier R.E games or from darksiders 2 it would have made the game even better. oh well, that's enough for my rant. this is the darksiders 2 board and capcom isnt going to change anytime soon anyway.