Absalom's Power

#1BrakkisPosted 1/22/2013 8:44:34 PM
I just....I don't get why everyone who talks about him makes it out to seem like Absalom was this absolute beast of a Nephilim and far superior to Death.

The Archon, Samael, Death, Lilith.

They all make mention of how Death is "weak" compared to Absalom in one way or another. If that's the case, how is it Death killed him in the first place? Absalom was the first and their king, that doesn't mean he was the greatest. Death killed him in single combat and from the video of it, it wasn't even in Reaper Form.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#2MetalSonicSwordPosted 1/23/2013 3:07:54 AM
Brakkis posted...
I just....I don't get why everyone who talks about him makes it out to seem like Absalom was this absolute beast of a Nephilim and far superior to Death.

They all make mention of how Death is "weak" compared to Absalom in one way or another. If that's the case, how is it Death killed him in the first place? Absalom was the first and their king, that doesn't mean he was the greatest. Death killed him in single combat and from the video of it, it wasn't even in Reaper Form.

the story explains he had backup from the council granting them additional power to kill the nephilim
---
The official Ginkaku of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 boards
#3Brakkis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 8:26:39 AM
MetalSonicSword posted...
Brakkis posted...

the story explains he had backup from the council granting them additional power to kill the nephilim

They were given their steeds and their avatar forms. War was given his Chaos form, Death his Reaper form, and the other two theirs. The video of the fight between Absalom and Death shows Death facing him in his normal form, and winning.

In Darksiders 1, War was wreaking havoc in the beginning in his Chaos form, and was stripped of his power, which took away that form.
In the Dead Lands, Death is not granted his full power, and thus his Reaper form gauge doesn't fill up.

The added power was to fight the entire race. Death faced Absalom in single combat at the end, without the form.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#4MetalSonicSwordPosted 1/23/2013 10:05:47 AM
Brakkis posted...
MetalSonicSword posted...
Brakkis posted...

They were given their steeds and their avatar forms. War was given his Chaos form, Death his Reaper form, and the other two theirs. The video of the fight between Absalom and Death shows Death facing him in his normal form, and winning.

In Darksiders 1, War was wreaking havoc in the beginning in his Chaos form, and was stripped of his power, which took away that form.
In the Dead Lands, Death is not granted his full power, and thus his Reaper form gauge doesn't fill up.

The added power was to fight the entire race. Death faced Absalom in single combat at the end, without the form.

first of all the games never said the transformations came from the council, if that was the case, how did War regain it whe the council intended to keep him weak.

Its a general power buff they got
---
The official Ginkaku of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 boards
#5Brakkis(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:56:13 PM
They didn't intend to keep him weak. They returned his power in order to lay to waste those responsible for the Apocalypse and gave The Watcher the ability to restrain him and kill him if he got out of line. That's how War was able to use Chaos Form.
---