THQ dissolved, and bought by different companies, no signs of darksiders :(

#1apollooooPosted 1/23/2013 9:53:06 PM
http://asia.gamespot.com/news/thq-dissolved-6402838

looks like big chance we won't get any sequels
---
Love is a kiss of a terminal bliss. from the smile on your face, to the line you rephrase will guide you to your love.
your love is a kiss, my undying wish
#2Merc123Posted 1/24/2013 4:50:39 AM
I can't believe Homefront and Metro 2033 found new publishers but Darksiders couldn't. What a effing joke.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#3YounGCavS521Posted 1/24/2013 5:26:05 AM
Just came here to see what people were saying about this, and I can't believe no one has mentioned the president, atleast I think it was the president, of Platinum tweeted THQ asking for Darksiders.

Pretty sure Vigil is also done for, and as sad as that is if this series has to go to anyone Platinum is a great choice.
---
A coward turns away, but a brave man's choice is danger.
#4apolloooo(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 7:48:11 PM
I can't believe Homefront and Metro 2033 found new publishers but Darksiders couldn't. What a effing joke.

true, metro 2033 was quite good, but homefront is full of crap :(
---
Love is a kiss of a terminal bliss. from the smile on your face, to the line you rephrase will guide you to your love.
your love is a kiss, my undying wish
#5EremyndilPosted 1/25/2013 6:56:58 AM
It's baffling that Vigil (& Darksiders and its unfinished new IP -Crawler[?]) was left in the dust. It seems buyers do not want to invest further than the buying price right away; not counting the fact Ubisoft bought the Toronto studio.

I did read somewhere that Platinum has showed interest in Darksiders. However, something tells me it doesn't includes Vigil or its unfinished IP (Crawler). I fear Vigil will be dissolved, later someone will buy Darksiders while the new IP might never see the virtual light of day.

In my opinion, of all that was on sale, Vigil/Darksiders, Saints Row, Metro, and the yet to be released South Park (from the little we actually know about this one) were the high profile ones.
---
2005: Console gamers (the early adopters) become pay-to-play game testers for bugs & glitches.
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#6Mason_CainPosted 1/25/2013 9:44:47 AM
I predicted this before launch when a long time friend and colleague was made redundant as a games rep from THQ, saying DS2 would be the nail in THQs coffin. They spent WAY too much money promoting it instead of developing it, and an awful reception by consumers killed them.
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
#7MichaelDeAngeloPosted 1/25/2013 2:01:54 PM
Eremyndil posted...
It's baffling that Vigil (& Darksiders and its unfinished new IP -Crawler[?]) was left in the dust. It seems buyers do not want to invest further than the buying price right away; not counting the fact Ubisoft bought the Toronto studio.

I did read somewhere that Platinum has showed interest in Darksiders. However, something tells me it doesn't includes Vigil or its unfinished IP (Crawler). I fear Vigil will be dissolved, later someone will buy Darksiders while the new IP might never see the virtual light of day.

In my opinion, of all that was on sale, Vigil/Darksiders, Saints Row, Metro, and the yet to be released South Park (from the little we actually know about this one) were the high profile ones.

One of the guys from Platinum tweeted that he wanted to know if anyone from Vigil wanted to get a job... something along those lines.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#8Grave2kPosted 1/25/2013 3:07:46 PM
Mason_Cain posted...
I predicted this before launch when a long time friend and colleague was made redundant as a games rep from THQ, saying DS2 would be the nail in THQs coffin. They spent WAY too much money promoting it instead of developing it, and an awful reception by consumers killed them.

It was UDraw that killed THQ not Darksiders. Get your facts straight kid.
#9Mason_CainPosted 1/27/2013 2:13:19 AM
I work in gaming and by you shouting kid I'll wager I'm probably twice your age. Bless.
---
GT: Ancient Daemon
PSN: Ancient_Daemon
#10Steel_ShadowsPosted 1/27/2013 4:04:51 PM
Let me put it this way: When a game sells in excess of a million total and you don't make money on it, then you f***ed up somewhere.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.