Not much chance of a goty edition now is there?

#1man101Posted 1/28/2013 1:50:07 PM
Had been waiting to pick this up until all the dlc was included in some form, as games with this many dlc packs usually are. But I suppose the chances of that happening are pretty slim now, no?
---
Number of people who have pointed out my generic, pointless record keeping signature: 14
#2TrialZero654Posted 1/28/2013 4:18:45 PM
extremely unlikely, at best

many of THQ's IP rights were sold off to different companies at auction, unfortunately literally no one in the business world has expressed interest in buying their Darksiders IP except for one dude from Platinum Games,

the only information we have on that was an off-handed-sounding comment left by one of the higher ups at Platinum Games on their twitter feed, which was nothing more than basically "is no one interested in this? really?"

the great news here, however, is that if someone DOES buy the Darksiders IP, probably the FIRST thing they will do is launch some kind of bundle pack that contains either both games, or just Darksiders 2 with all the DLC, or maybe all of those things, because selling bundles of old software would be the quickest and easiest way for them to make some money off the IP before (maybe) moving on to a sequel of their own

so basically, it's not looking good for the life of the franchise right now, but if it does get bought up, you can almost guarantee some sort of DLC bundle pack will be released
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#3man101(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 8:42:29 AM
And I'm sure whether or not it is purchased and rereleased in a bundle is entirely hinging on whether or not I buy it all now, and it will only do so after I have done so. Because that's how things work.
---
Number of people who have pointed out my generic, pointless record keeping signature: 14
#4Ice WeaselPosted 2/1/2013 6:01:03 AM
This franchise is basically dead. When nobody wants to buy it, even at a drastically discounted price, you know your future is not bright.
#5Darth VengerPosted 2/1/2013 9:04:14 AM
There is still hope that someone may buy it. I think they made a mistake by not having DS II a multiplayer game, The ending of DS 1 was so incredible and begged for a mutliplayer follow up.
---
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
#6Tali_ZorahPosted 2/5/2013 4:30:43 AM
Darth Venger posted...
There is still hope that someone may buy it. I think they made a mistake by not having DS II a multiplayer game, The ending of DS 1 was so incredible and begged for a mutliplayer follow up.

Darksiders has been bought up, by Crytek. Not all of the staff made it over to Crytek, but they picked up the majority of the staff members, including all of the core staff.

That's the good news.

The bad news is they have absolutely no plans at this time to make any Darksiders game.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
#7HakPosted 2/5/2013 7:23:03 AM
Darth Venger posted...

A multiplayer open-world adventure game? Seriously? Sounds utterly terrible. Given that DS is essentially a reskinned Zelda, multiplayer should be the last thing they consider.
---
In the book, it says He created us to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumb, and maybe a little bit ugly on the side. - Zappa
#8BrokenTuskPosted 2/6/2013 9:39:07 PM
Hak posted...
Darth Venger posted...

A multiplayer open-world adventure game? Seriously? Sounds utterly terrible. Given that DS is essentially a reskinned Zelda, multiplayer should be the last thing they consider.

^this

also no chance of a patch to fix the DLC/inventory overload bug is there.
---
HK-47: Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine. You: Maybe later..
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"
#9Tali_ZorahPosted 2/6/2013 10:59:18 PM
BrokenTusk posted...
Hak posted...
Darth Venger posted...

^this

also no chance of a patch to fix the DLC/inventory overload bug is there.

Funny thing is I remember the developer stating in response to not being bought up after the THQ crash that he had big plans for a 4 player coop in Darksiders 3, but he'd lost hope of that after the auction.

4 player coop with four horsemen... that would have been either really awesome, or a huge mistake, depending on how it was implemented.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3568 3549 8596
#10BrokenTuskPosted 2/9/2013 2:05:43 PM
I could see a two player coop but not a four. Kind of an Army of Two meets Zelda meets Dead Space 3 ish kind of monstrosity.
---
HK-47: Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine. You: Maybe later..
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"