Hoping Someone Can Answer This For Me

#1dmack316Posted 5/1/2013 12:36:10 PM
I am currently on New Game + and getting close to the end of the game. The 3 achievements I need are Wicked K, Finish The Crucible and Beat Apocalyptic Mode. I am trying to do the crucible and I just can't beat it on this difficulty but I'm afraid if I change the difficulty it will ruin my chance at the Apocalyptic achievement. Do I have any options here or do I have to do it on this difficulty?
---
GT: Outcast Mack
#2stillnotelfPosted 5/1/2013 6:03:33 PM
Is it possible to copy the save slot (I forget)?

You should be able to finish the game on Apocalpytic, but then reload your last save after the cheevo pops, lower the difficulty, and do Crucible then?
---
Usque adeone mori miserum est? After all, there's always a continue...
#3dmack316(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2013 5:09:46 AM
That's what I was thinking but I think the game limits you to one save slot. I don't think I can make a copy. The only other option I can think of is backing up the save a usb drive and then once I finish the game try to load off of that. I'm not even sure if that would work.
---
GT: Outcast Mack
#4Dr_VanNostrandPosted 5/2/2013 3:03:07 PM
To determine how many saves you have, don't look at the save slot on the game menu. Go into your system settings on your Xbox dashboard and go to your memory device. Check the file for Darksiders 2, and see if there are multiple saves stored on your hard drive.

For instance, in each of my games, I had a manual save file and the auto save file stored as two separate saves for the same campaign. The auto save continually updates, but your manual save should remain the same until you decide to overwrite it with another manual save. You should be able to tell the difference between the two files by looking at the save time recorded for each save. To test this, make a manual save, play the game for 10 or 15 minutes, and quit the game immediately after you see the game perform an auto save.

If you want to game this system to get the last 3 achievements, make a save before the crucible, beat the game, and then quit. Go into your hard drive and delete the auto save, and when you return to the main menu of the game, you should be able to load your manual save game from before the crucible. At this point, you can lower the difficulty setting and play through the crucible.

I apologize if this description is confusing, but if you access your system and look at the game-saves on your hard drive, it should make more sense.
---
PSN ID --- Janarius
Xbox Live ID -- Aurionis