Think it could end up like August games in years past?

#1hellslingerPosted 4/23/2012 2:49:57 PM
You know the game that gets great reviews and massive word of mouth?

BioShock in '07
Arkham Asylum in '09
in 2010 there was nothing really big like those but Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light were two very well received by critics and gamers and did well financially.
Dues Ex in 2011

It's a little early but August so far doesn't have that title but just wondering if Darksiders could be. Only problem I can see is THQ probably won't be able to put a good marketing machine by it. But at this point the only other game in August I want is Transformers.
---
http://i.imgur.com/SvCJD.jpg
#2Shadow ReaverPosted 4/23/2012 3:23:52 PM
we will have to see
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#3YomigaeruPosted 4/27/2012 6:43:40 AM
The thing is that aside from Deus Ex, those other releases were essentially new IPs. Furthermore, Arkham Asylum was a superhero game, and we all know that superhero games carry a stigma for being of bad quality.

Darksiders already has the benefit of critical acclaim, as well as the fact that it releases during the typical "Summer drought" of games. It's already perceived to be bigger and better than the original (in that way, it is more akin to Arkham City), so word of mouth has probably already given it a tremendous push. Deus Ex was similar, but it has more of a cult following given that the series doesn't really have "mainstream appeal" going for it.
---
"It means that Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a $%#^ in space."