Darksiders 3

#1Fang289Posted 8/18/2012 6:07:35 PM
http://spong.com/article/27599/Darksiders-Gunplay-Heavy-Sequel-Will-Not-Alienate-Fans

Considering Darksider's 3 character is Strife, I'm thinking the gameplay might be similar to Metroid Prime, but faster and in a 3rd person perspective. Though, I would've liked to see Fury.
---
And that Mother Brain is all "LASERZZZZ!!!!! ROCKETZZZZZ!!!!! MOUTH GRENADEZZZZZ!!!!!! ~Diorte
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4ox61VlL61qi2j4o.gif
#2dkzerovPosted 8/18/2012 7:11:00 PM
They could model him after vincent valentine and have him morph for melee combat =P

Or give him gunblades...

Im seeing in my head, Mini stun with gunbutt + backward dash + shooting combo.
Kick+knockback +shooting combo
---
eek! clowns!!!!Arggh!Those sharp bloody teeth!!!
#3jonybeans13Posted 8/18/2012 7:16:16 PM
i hope they dont go the valentine way. how does every game tie into ff7?? hearing about ff7 is so annoying but i have to give credit to the fanboys they can make up anything an tie it into ff7.
---
Im not gonna fight you....Im gonna kick you're ass
PSN GT > JonyBeans. GO GIANTS!
#4AgarestWarPosted 8/18/2012 7:19:38 PM
jonybeans13 posted...
i hope they dont go the valentine way. how does every game tie into ff7?? hearing about ff7 is so annoying but i have to give credit to the fanboys they can make up anything an tie it into ff7.

I am an FF7 Fan but not excited about a remake and your comment is so hilarious and true.

I still laugh
#5Digitized_DevilPosted 8/18/2012 7:20:23 PM
Darksiders II would need to sell well for it to happen and with sites like IGN giving this game less than 9 who knows what will happen. I do hope to see all 4 games though.
#6riddlebox89Posted 8/18/2012 7:28:22 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind if it was heavier on gunplay than 1 and 2, you got four different horsemen, four characters each with unique abilities, it shouldn't come as a surprise that their individual games are going to play differently than the others.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the game for the fourth horseman was focused heavily on whip combat.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#7Mico_Posted 8/18/2012 7:29:46 PM
Fang289 posted...
http://spong.com/article/27599/Darksiders-Gunplay-Heavy-Sequel-Will-Not-Alienate-Fans

Considering Darksider's 3 character is Strife, I'm thinking the gameplay might be similar to Metroid Prime, but faster and in a 3rd person perspective. Though, I would've liked to see Fury.

I'm kind of disappointed with the news in the article. I'd be in favor of a whole different take on the game. Of course there are things that should remain the same but seeing as how the main character is a ranged hero his combat mechanics shouldn't be anything but range. You know how pathetic and crappy the pistol is in the first 2 DarkSiders games? Strife's melee should be that. But of course this is the industry, where few take a chance on anything that even deviated a millimeter from the norm. Whatever, so long as its fun.
#8dkzerovPosted 8/18/2012 7:31:33 PM
They could do the megaman x6 way.
Chargable gun and no combo melee.
pew pew
---
eek! clowns!!!!Arggh!Those sharp bloody teeth!!!
#9riddlebox89Posted 8/18/2012 7:36:57 PM
Mico_ posted...
I'm kind of disappointed with the news in the article. I'd be in favor of a whole different take on the game. Of course there are things that should remain the same but seeing as how the main character is a ranged hero his combat mechanics shouldn't be anything but range. You know how pathetic and crappy the pistol is in the first 2 DarkSiders games? Strife's melee should be that. But of course this is the industry, where few take a chance on anything that even deviated a millimeter from the norm. Whatever, so long as its fun.

Or maybe Strife is the Jack of all trades of the horsemen, skilled in all forms of combat but his expertise is ranged combat, and it's actually kind of smart, apocalyptic god or not, no one who prefers ranged combat over any other type would be dumb enough to not be somewhat proficient in some form of melee combat.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10Cruzader23Posted 8/18/2012 7:38:48 PM
He probably has a shotgun for close range.