Has THQ made any announcement about patches?

#1I_am_OmnipotentPosted 8/18/2012 9:43:19 PM
This may come across as foolish but I do not want to play this game until 2 of the bugs are fixed....

1. The corrupted data.
2. The freezing and constant crashing.

These two things make me not want to play it.

I have the game right now I pre-ordered from amazon but I don't want to invest the time then lose my data or have to constantly restart.

Has THQ acknowledged the problem or made any statement. Regarding these issues?
---
RIP Missy 1994- February 27th 2012
You were more than a Dog you were a best friend, a listener,a therapist, and everything I needed you to be you were family.
#2AgarestWarPosted 8/18/2012 9:54:37 PM
Sadly there is already one for PC but no words for PS3 not even an apologies.
#3SirChar0BPosted 8/19/2012 12:31:33 AM
It's a little too soon for quick fix patches. I mean it only came out just last Tuesday and it's not even out internationally yet.
Even though it still has it's bugs, I find them to be negligible.
---
Char Aznable says, let the purge begin!
#4FroodjaklePosted 8/19/2012 12:40:23 AM
If the PC version has already been patched, the 360 and PS3 fixes aren't far behind. From what I remember, PSN and XBL have a much lengthier process for submitting things like patches compared to Steam.. So if you're going to blame anyone, blame Sony/Microsoft. Vigil and THQ have less to do with it than you think, although they should have issued an announcement for it by now.
---
PSN: Froodjakle
Currently playing: Darksiders 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Darksiders 2, TotW: RM3, Darksiders 2, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, Darksiders 2
#5Nightmare966Posted 8/19/2012 3:39:29 AM
Froodjakle posted...
If the PC version has already been patched, the 360 and PS3 fixes aren't far behind. From what I remember, PSN and XBL have a much lengthier process for submitting things like patches compared to Steam.. So if you're going to blame anyone, blame Sony/Microsoft. Vigil and THQ have less to do with it than you think, although they should have issued an announcement for it by now.

I didn't know the PC patch was already done. I knew they werw working on it.

BTW, I doubt in a single week they can have all patches done already.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#6sky8246Posted 8/19/2012 3:56:46 AM
As far as I heard the PC patch only covers some start up crashes. Those were obviously PC only..
#7William406Posted 8/19/2012 5:12:18 AM
It's really unfortunate you cannot manually save a separate file than the autosave in case you get a bug. In Darksiders I got one that after the serpent hole fast travel I kept falling through the floor because the environment didn't load and wouldn't if I reloaded the autosave, but I was able to go to a previous save and only lost about 30 minutes. It would've sucked because I was getting the second to last piece of the endgame sword.
#8firehawkxPosted 8/20/2012 9:05:15 AM
Froodjakle posted...

totally true... Microsoft and Sony process of getting a patch can be VERY lenghty and painfull for any game dev... so even though it currently sucks... its not THQ/Vigil fault... still cant wait for them to fix and update the game... so many bugs for such an awesome game...
#9Guns4ProsPosted 8/20/2012 9:41:09 AM
firehawkx posted...
Froodjakle posted...

totally true... Microsoft and Sony process of getting a patch can be VERY lenghty and painfull for any game dev... so even though it currently sucks... its not THQ/Vigil fault... still cant wait for them to fix and update the game... so many bugs for such an awesome game...

I seriously can't even play this game anymore until it's patched. I have started over twice and each time Karn dissapears at the gaurdian level. This sucks because I love this game but I didn't have this many problems from Skyrim.
---
3DS FC:1203-9752-2392
PSN: Guns4Pros
#10RogkunPosted 8/20/2012 10:01:21 AM
I do hope the game gets patched at some point, mainly to mitigate the freezing. I haven't hit any other glitches other than a few lighting effects. One thing that surprised me is that I had the game freeze on me while it was saving- almost gave me a heart attack.

I instantly shut off the PS3 and started the game back up, it's as if it never happened. But yeah, the freezing is getting annoying. Had to restart (my ps3, not the game) about 4 times thus far.
---
PSN: Rogkun - - - - Currently playing: [Dragon's Dogma]