other games like darksiders??

#1ChaosdriverPosted 8/20/2012 5:24:59 PM
as far as im concerned we all seem to like both DS1 and DS2 the kind of games they are. What are some other games people have played that are similar to them that other people might not have played?
---
Funny how you are always to old to play games until a new one you like comes out...
#2GundamFanTPosted 8/20/2012 6:53:31 PM
Chaosdriver posted...
as far as im concerned we all seem to like both DS1 and DS2 the kind of games they are. What are some other games people have played that are similar to them that other people might not have played?

Aside from the obvious games that influenced them? Dante's Inferno is a great action game with an incredibly deep upgrade system and an awesome (though not entirely original) story. Not sure how the band wagon hate started for it, but whatever, its a great game.

And if you're lucky enough to find it nowadays, there's also the PS1 classic Brave Fencer Musashi. You guys remember that? I think its play style is pretty close to DS1.
---
"...it was a joke." EDI on ME3's ending
PSN ID/gamertag:GundamFanT
#3PARAMYTASPosted 8/20/2012 7:01:22 PM
Both Darksider games kind of remind me of Zelda.....except Darksiders is a little more up on the difficulty level in regard to bosses and minions. I feel I actually have to use tactics with War and Death unlike Link just swinging a sword a few times and they are dead. lol
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.
#4fishnmagicianPosted 8/20/2012 7:14:17 PM
The legacy of Kain series is kind of like this. Soul Reaver was one of my favorite games. They are kind of old now, Soul Reaver was back on the PS1.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
This person is a known Troll! Do Not listen to anything This person says.
#5Adramelech-Posted 8/20/2012 7:28:34 PM
Secret of Evermore.
#6ArethaiPosted 8/20/2012 7:57:35 PM
I didn't play this one, but the first had always reminded me of a combination of Zelda's puzzles and God of War's combat system.
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvw17kZV8E1qkh89io1_500.gif
#7matdracPosted 8/20/2012 8:32:24 PM(edited)
Focus on close quarter combat with lot of exploration, right?

Okami is the first game that came to my mind, very zelda-ish, but with japanese mythos. The game on ps2 and wii, the sequel on ds.

Many castlevania could fit the description too, mostly the nintendo portable one, but some like the first one on nes are linear.

Alundra(ps1) and Dualheart(ps2), both game made by the same designer, though the second is more a mixt of action and mario64-like exploration.

The Yakuza(ps2-ps3-psp) serie focus a lot on melle combat, and you have a city or two full of side quest, but little to no puzzle.

Demon and Dark soul (mostly Dark), but you can use ranged though.

kingdom heart serie.

Brutal legend, but no puzzle and some real time strategie moment. Know for being a genre blender.

Kingdom of amalur, but more open world. Also can choose a more ranged style of play.

Honorable metion to Muramasa(wii), but the exploration is not really there and no puzzle. awesome boss.

Some Ultima i guess could fit the bill too.

that all i remember right now.
---
i try to write the best i can, but dont forget my main language is not english
#8OZ_ArchangelPosted 8/20/2012 8:35:08 PM
I agree with Gundam, Dantes inferno was great. I found it really fun and not sure why alot of people hated it. The boss fights, levels, gameplay, weapons they were all fun. Yeh it was short but I wish they made a sequal. Too bad the project got scrapped, the next 2 books were boring to read but it wouldve setup a good scene for future games, it had promise
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#9PARAMYTASPosted 8/20/2012 10:44:54 PM
matdrac posted...
Focus on close quarter combat with lot of exploration, right?

Okami is the first game that came to my mind, very zelda-ish, but with japanese mythos. The game on ps2 and wii, the sequel on ds.

Many castlevania could fit the description too, mostly the nintendo portable one, but some like the first one on nes are linear.

Alundra(ps1) and Dualheart(ps2), both game made by the same designer, though the second is more a mixt of action and mario64-like exploration.

The Yakuza(ps2-ps3-psp) serie focus a lot on melle combat, and you have a city or two full of side quest, but little to no puzzle.

Demon and Dark soul (mostly Dark), but you can use ranged though.

kingdom heart serie.

Brutal legend, but no puzzle and some real time strategie moment. Know for being a genre blender.

Kingdom of amalur, but more open world. Also can choose a more ranged style of play.

Honorable metion to Muramasa(wii), but the exploration is not really there and no puzzle. awesome boss.

Some Ultima i guess could fit the bill too.

that all i remember right now.

I'll add Prince of Persia to that list only for Darksiders 2. How Death hovered around walls and obstacles reminded me of Warrior Within.
---
It's not the games fault you have the attention span of a squirrel.