Weird object in Baneswood

#1Grendel PrimePosted 8/27/2012 2:18:04 PM
I saw this thing that looked like a box perched on top of a column next to where you get the Stone of Mystics along the northern wall in Baneswood. I was able to grab it with Death Grip and bring it down to the ground but I can't seem to pick it up or otherwise interact with it. Once I got it to the ground it looks more like a stone tablet with some strange symbol on it.

Does anyone know what this thing is and what you do with it? If I can get a decent pic of it I'll post one.
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry
#2skater360Posted 8/27/2012 2:22:49 PM
Oh thats for a side quest which was for the pre order bonus from gamestop in the death rides pack the mission is called the makers chroncile
---
"Its time to withstand the resistance"
#3BillbertPatchesPosted 8/27/2012 3:28:39 PM
Lol, I did the same thing as you. Pulled it on to the ground, then spent about an hour dragging it around with death grip, I even tried to put it on the suspicious looking altar (I think there used to be a chest on it).

After a while I gave up and just continued on my quest, then literally 10 mins later it tells me to get the makers chronicle.

I facepalmed so hard at that point, but atleast I knew exactly where to find it.
---
Just tying up some loose ends...
SirAltairTheGr8 said: "Did I just get called a scrub by a guy who can't spell diarrhea?"
#4Grendel Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2012 4:58:04 PM
Thanks for the answers. I thought it was strange they would put something in the game that could be dragged around like that and not have some purpose. I do have that preorder quest, must haven't come across the questgiver yet. I spend so much time just exploring :D
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry