switching from onside kick to regular

#1whitey8899Posted 9/16/2010 9:42:15 PM
i just got done with a game where i lost with a last second field goal. now 99% of me losing the game was my fault but i have one thing that just irritated me. everytime he would kick the ball off i wouldn't know if he was going to do a regular kickoff or an onside kickoff. he would start in onside formation and myself in regular. Then when i switched, he switched. Not a big deal. for some reason one of the times when i tried to switch it just wouldn't let me. I pressed x then left bumper numerous times and nothing would work. of course he stayed in onside kick when i didn't change, got the recovery, and went on to win the game. is there a glitch sometimes where this audible doesn't work for some reason. also, i started to just start off in onside kick formation and if he was in onside he would switch to regular. not one could i audible out to regular kickoff. is it the same audible as going from regular to onside. i pressed x and every combo you could think of and nothing would work. im just so pissed that this happened and this guy really wanted to win this cheap way.
---
XBL Gamer Tag: Whitey8899
Currently Playing: Rock Band 2, Halo 3, NHL 10, Madden 10, UFC 2009 Undisputed, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2
#2SupremeXtremePosted 9/16/2010 9:44:26 PM
sorry?

what do you want us to say?
---
R.I.P. Good Linkin Park Music 10/24/2000-8/2/2010 Giants: 1-0
Alex Barron for MVP
#3doyema6Posted 9/16/2010 11:09:06 PM
why after he tried it the first time didnt you just select onside recover every time? Problem solved. By the way I have had the audible not work for me one time against an online opponent. Not sure why.