Lets list some fun/cool spell combos.

#1HulkkisPosted 1/25/2011 11:55:50 AM
Only got access to demo until feb 1 so my contribution will be limited.

Water + Fire = Steam!
Water + Cold = Ice Needles. Needles can be combined with other elements for more combos.

Also anyone with multiplayer could possibly confirm: are Shield +Life/water etc resistance auras like my friend theorized or something else?
---
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
#2kurejiPosted 1/25/2011 3:18:50 PM
Arcane+Shield = Landmines
Heal+Shield = Healing Landmines

any of those landmines can be added with other elements to combine more effects, like water to make you wet or fire to ignite them as well.

Shield + any element cast on self, will make you immune to that element for a while, this includes making yourself immune to healing, so be careful about that, you'll know you're immune to healing if your aura is green and then you'll probably start shouting profanities like i did when i was just trying to heal and then put a shield on
#3S-9Posted 1/25/2011 3:46:12 PM
fire + lightning = lightning with a burn effect.
---
SoapNine!
#4SzeidenPosted 1/25/2011 9:25:58 PM

For individual strong enemies I like running far away and then quickly aiming an Arcane + Water beam at them to get them wet. After that I use Arcane + Frost beam to freeze them. The beam nature of the combination means that the enemy is permanently frozen and the beam gradually kills them =D

#5ethiopian123Posted 1/25/2011 10:29:07 PM
I' really enjoying -----steam+light+arc+light+light-----.... The beam and AoE just tears everything apart.
#6metroidtamerPosted 1/25/2011 10:38:50 PM
After creating my other topic and following the advice in it, I just found that using shield on my sword and then striking makes a wall in the direction I swing.
---
BF3: will it suck ass? YES:1 N0:1
PSN: AEGISXIII
#7Shadowman2099Posted 1/25/2011 10:41:33 PM
^Yeah, I found out about that combo just recently, and it's waaaay too much of a game breaker. No reason to do anything but that over and over again. The game just becomes too easy with that combo. For practicality, though, you could just steam+lightning+arcane and omit the rest. Faster input means more efficient input.
#8metroidtamerPosted 1/25/2011 10:44:50 PM
I am sensing a spell combo sticky/FAQ comin on.
---
BF3: will it suck ass? YES:1 N0:1
PSN: AEGISXIII
#9doanmPosted 1/25/2011 10:53:01 PM

three ice shards, arcane and shield gives you a really sweet ass vortex : D (thats roughly the combo so don't take my word for it)

#10RayzerPosted 1/26/2011 8:15:25 PM
Shield + Earth = Rock Shell (more earth makes a stronger shell)
Makes you invulnerable until it breaks, but you cannot move and casting breaks the shell. You can, however, charge up whatever nastiness you can imagine without any enemies being able to do anything about it.

Ice + Shield + Cold + Lightning + Arcane = High-damage close range aoe
Casting this as aoe causes a ring of icicles to erupt around you, which chill and chain-lightning any nearby enemies. They then almost immediately explode for arcane damage. Excellent to cast from inside a rock shell, since all melee enemies crowd around the shell and get ravaged by this spell. Very nasty effect to apply to your weapon as well.
---
The End