Sooo... checkpoints don't do anything?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Magicka
  3. Sooo... checkpoints don't do anything?

User Info: Agent101c

Agent101c
4 years ago#1
The first few times I have died twice in this game, the words "you are defeated" have come up on the screen, and i've respawned at checkpoint.

I'm on chapter 3, and I have double-died four times now. Three out of those four times resulted in a glitch which basically made it so the "you are defeated" does NOT appear on the screen...

instead, after I die, the music keeps playing, the monsters stand there breathing heavily, and NO MESSAGE comes up. basically it just sits there until i hit escape, access the menu, and select restart.

And the wonderful thing about being force to select restart is that Instead of going back to a checkpoint, I have to do the whole level over again! After three deaths at Jotunn and three startovers, I am done with this game. Thanks for the ripoff, steam. Games been out what, three years and they can't get a simple checkpoint system to work?
Gamertag:
SlimBritches101

User Info: MrHearn

MrHearn
4 years ago#2
Valve Software (the makers of Steam) had nothing to do with the development of this game. Steam is merely a software distribution platform. Yes, this game is buggy as hell. It's not Steam's fault.
Monster Hunter Tri Online ID: L1YYJH
In-Game Name: Hearn
  1. Boards
  2. Magicka
  3. Sooo... checkpoints don't do anything?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived