Sooo... checkpoints don't do anything?

#1Agent101cPosted 7/26/2012 6:25:56 PM
The first few times I have died twice in this game, the words "you are defeated" have come up on the screen, and i've respawned at checkpoint.

I'm on chapter 3, and I have double-died four times now. Three out of those four times resulted in a glitch which basically made it so the "you are defeated" does NOT appear on the screen...

instead, after I die, the music keeps playing, the monsters stand there breathing heavily, and NO MESSAGE comes up. basically it just sits there until i hit escape, access the menu, and select restart.

And the wonderful thing about being force to select restart is that Instead of going back to a checkpoint, I have to do the whole level over again! After three deaths at Jotunn and three startovers, I am done with this game. Thanks for the ripoff, steam. Games been out what, three years and they can't get a simple checkpoint system to work?
---
Gamertag:
SlimBritches101
#2MrHearnPosted 7/26/2012 6:41:22 PM
Valve Software (the makers of Steam) had nothing to do with the development of this game. Steam is merely a software distribution platform. Yes, this game is buggy as hell. It's not Steam's fault.
---
Monster Hunter Tri Online ID: L1YYJH
In-Game Name: Hearn