The Stars are Left magicks oversight?

#1AmiadonPosted 1/25/2013 4:12:38 PM
I know this board is pretty dead, but I was looking for some information regarding the magicks you can acquire in TSAL. I only recently got the game (the collection) and am playing through the expansion now, but because it's been separated from the main adventure, I have none of the magicks I had previously. As my play style revolved around them and only rarely included spells, I was wondering if anyone knows how/if this can be fixed on my end.

From reading the patch notes I gathered that the stars are left was once part of the adventure but was changed. Was one able to use adventure mode magicks before the change? I'm hoping this is an oversight that will be rectified. Any help would be appreciated greatly!
---
Emasculating 16 year-old keyboard warriors, one game at a time. Sisters of Swagger, represent!
#2gamefaqsatronPosted 1/26/2013 12:15:28 PM
It is currently a separate adventure, so anything you did in normal adventure mode, including any magicks you gathered, your current items, and your selected robes, are all irrelevant. In fact, it is totally possible to play the Stars are Left without every having played adventure mode.

Additionally, there are only seven total magicks to acquire in TSAL, and several require the Detective Robes. So unless you play online you'll have to use them as well.

If you're wondering, one of the magicks is extremely powerful, but you need to talk to certain npc's a certain amount, and no more. You can look them up here.

http://www.magickapedia.net/wiki/Main_Page
---
I'm sure Kaiser Blades doing 50dmg per hit won't work well on a keyboard. AmeliaSeyrunn
#3Amiadon(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:04:14 PM
Thank you for that!

I've already collected all/most of the magicks in the Stars are Left (last one I picked up was portal). The reason I was asking is that the full magicks list still appears when in the menu, it's just that they're all still locked. The update notes regarding the separation of the adventure and stars are left also prompted me to check whether or not it was different and you COULD get the other magicks before the separation, and the devs had overlooked that it was no longer possible. A shame, they were my main method of attack.

Thanks again.
---
Emasculating 16 year-old keyboard warriors, one game at a time. Sisters of Swagger, represent!
More topics from this board...
I can not use Haste - ASFSammy19017/1 8:07PM