Derek Milborrow

#1gmxl4Posted 2/23/2011 7:17:06 AM

I have to say I question the mans stature as a professional referee. I suspect he is taking backhanders. Pennyfeather is the man.

#2Sicario001Posted 2/23/2011 11:20:12 AM
Scott McBeanie BIATCH!
---
Dr Doom with prep > All
#3N3V4N5Posted 2/23/2011 12:06:55 PM
You're both in denial, Alessandro "Quick Draw McGraw" Vecchioccina is the main man
---
- psn ID: N3V4N513
- That doesn't even make sense to me. That's like mowing your lawn with a nuclear weapon (General Alphonso Knoxx)
#4dondi203Posted 2/23/2011 12:11:27 PM
Chris Mumple should die a slow death. And that Pennyfeather dickhead never calls ANYTHING!!!
#5gmxl4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2011 12:52:11 PM

Derek Milborrow sent off four of my players in one game once, and one of them was a straight red for a standing challenge in the center circle. Clearly not fit to be a referee.

#6N3V4N5Posted 2/23/2011 12:57:54 PM

Derek Milborrow sent off four of my players in one game once,

Stop pressing square...fiver says you were cropping players when they were in on goal
---
- psn ID: N3V4N513
- That doesn't even make sense to me. That's like mowing your lawn with a nuclear weapon (General Alphonso Knoxx)
#7gmxl4(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2011 2:18:46 PM

N3V4N5 posted...

Stop pressing square...fiver says you were cropping players when they were in on goal

One time, two were soft yellow cards and one was a totally unbelievable straight red for a standing challenge before the halfway line. Derek Milborrow is too much of a hardass for me, he's like the hanging judge and needs to be investigated asap.

#8MasamuneXlllPosted 2/23/2011 3:57:28 PM
I agree Milborrow can suck it. Got on a nice breakaway onto goal the other night, only to have their CB run up and slide through me, injuring my player. No call, didn't even matter that I had the ball knocked ahead of me, meaning there was 100% no chance he got ball because it was 2 feet ahead of me. After my anger resolved were down the other end, and my CDM comes in I hit L2 to jockey, he runs into me so I just lightly tackle the ball through his feet. Yellow card. Free kick, they score.

I agree that Pennyfeather is where it's at. I'd rather they not call any fouls then call anything that even looks like a gentle pet. I find my games flow a little better with Pennyfeather, plus the way Martin Tyler praises him. It's hard not to like the man. I don't think I've even gotten a card from him...
---
PSN ID: Lenary
#9MasamuneXlllPosted 2/23/2011 4:02:15 PM
Though to be fair, I don't remember the ref on what I consider the worst call ever. Was playing as Man U and for some reason was running down the wing with Rio... Don't ask... Anyways I go in for the cross and as soon as the ball leaves my foot, their back deflects it and slides right into me. I didn't expect a cross from a CB to work so I was fine with the result. Even better the ref runs up and flashes red, even sweeter..... Nope, the red was against me. I cross the ball, and have a wing back slide into me casually and I get the sending off. Me and my two buddies just watched the replay over and over again to find out what in the hell happened. No idea. Apparently the referee just hit the pipe a little too hard at half time..
---
PSN ID: Lenary
#10Frozen_HeatPosted 2/23/2011 4:31:54 PM
Scott McBeanie had two awful seasons in a row and seemed to ref at least 70% of my matches. This season though he's drastically improved!! It's Derek Millborrow who keeps screwing me over!!
---
PSN: FrozeNFNHeaT
If you can keep your head...