What is the "Isabela Glitch"?

#1thestickerPosted 3/28/2011 11:50:01 AM
I can find a million different threads about how/when the glitch is contracted, and how to avoid it, but nobody really says exactly what the glitch is. I've deduced that it involves a damage to attack speed or something, but other than that it seems like some sort of exclusive piece of knowledge that only comes to people who've been strongly involved in the Dragon Age 2 community since day one, and that you have to have some level of "in-the-know-ness of which I haven't been able to achieve.

So yeah, what exactly is the Isabela glitch? I know how to avoid it, but what the hell is the glitch?
---
scoop out the innardz
http://www.last.fm/user/sticker14
#2adoubravaPosted 3/28/2011 11:56:01 AM
She gets drunk and naked at the end of Act 2.
#3thesticker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 12:02:24 PM
Oh well then that glitch is sweet I guess
---
scoop out the innardz
http://www.last.fm/user/sticker14
#4drointhewindPosted 3/28/2011 12:08:41 PM
Im on the same page TC.
I have concluded that instead of receiving the 5% to attack speed, it subtracts 5% from your attack speed and it stacks everytime you switch isabella out. If someone can shed light on it that would be awesome
---
K, so I'm fat... naked... and bald... don't know what else to do... help?- Kyan_Deathrow Fable 3 boards
#5SerisentPosted 3/28/2011 12:10:05 PM
That's not the glitch.

Essentially what happens, although I don't know all the details, is that you can lose 5% of your attack speed every time you load a save where Isabella is not in your party once you've been affected by the glitch.
#6Omegaforce725Posted 3/28/2011 12:11:45 PM(edited)
EDIT: Above poster is right I think.
---
Xbox LIVE: MikeFL25 | PSN ID: MikeFL25 Sig not changing until Bucs win Superbowl. Started 8/9/05
#7Dark_Lord_DarekPosted 3/28/2011 12:15:29 PM

She gets drunk and naked at the end of Act 2.

I liked this on facebook.
---
GT: xCRISSGASMx
STOP WITH THESE ****ING SOCIAL TOPICS THAT THE MODS MAGICALLY DO NOTHING ABOUT - lol u so funny nissan <3
#8Sirian_HawkPosted 3/28/2011 1:03:33 PM
As taken from another thread:

Isabela and Sebastion have a special bonus buff that you get when either of their friendship ratings are past 50% and they are in the party with you. The buffs are supposed to give Hawke +5% attack speed (Isabela) and +5% damage resistance (Sebastion). However, the glitch in question causes the buff to stay on when it is not supposed to be (loading without said character and buff is still on or character is forcefully removed and buff remains), and through unfortunate circumstance causes you to lose those bonuses off your base instead. Worse yet, saving with the worsened stats and loading will cause the loss to occur again and again, effectively destroying your character. (ie. repeatedly losing A-speed until you attack extremely slowly, or losing damage resistance to the point where you die in one hit)

So here is how it works. Let's say that with the buff on you are at 27% (base 22% + 5% bonus). Now, if you turn it off (by exiting a party select screen without them in the party) you will be at your base stats. (ie. buff OFF stats 22%). When you reload that save, the glitch will reactivate the buff but not give you any bonus. (buff ON stats still 22%) Now when you enter/exit the party select screen (changed through mission/change station/exiting home, etc.) the buffs will be "readjusted".

If you take them into the party, the buff will count as already active and no increase will occur (still at 22%). However if you don't take them with you, the buff will be turned off again and 5% subtracted (buff OFF stats now 17%). That means you have lost 5% of your base. Note that even if you take them with you (22%) the damage is done. The instant you ever take them out of the party, it will turn off the buff and you will immediately lose the 5%.

Now for the good news. This means that even if they get forced from the party (char in = buff active = 27%), the buff stays on and you stay at 27%. If you save with it on (27%) and them not in the party, you will reload with it still active and your stats still at 27%. Changing party members and not including them will only drop it to 22% which is what it should be, and since it is off in your abilities tab, adding them to the party will turn it back on, and give you 27% again. Conversely, taking them with you will not give any extra and you will stay at 27%, which is where you should be with them.

So, all you need to remember is to save only when the buff is active (easiest if you keep that character in your team) and know that if they do get forced out, it won't hurt you unless you readjust your party, turning the buff off, and you save then reload like that.
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama
#9MyNamesNotHerePosted 3/28/2011 1:20:09 PM
^
Are you sure this is right?
I'm not saying your wrong it's just I've heard quite a few theories and i'm still not sure which one is correct.

All I know is it's disgusting how Bioware could leave such a game braking glitch in the game.
#10Sirian_HawkPosted 3/28/2011 1:46:32 PM
MyNamesNotHere posted...
^
Are you sure this is right?
I'm not saying your wrong it's just I've heard quite a few theories and i'm still not sure which one is correct.

All I know is it's disgusting how Bioware could leave such a game braking glitch in the game.

This was tested using Sebastian. Since his buff gives damage resistance %, which can be monitored under your Character resistance tab, it was possible to see exactly how and when losses occurred. This is accurate.
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama