Gamestop Sucks !!!!

#1whatnow12012Posted 7/24/2010 2:52:11 PM
I recently pre-ordered DA 2 for my 360 but I canceled it out cause I am unsure of the 2011 release date while I know it is headed for Q1st 2011 but unknown when that will be.

So I canceled out my preoder and then the gamestop guy pops and attidude promblem with me saying I am not allowed to preoder anymore games anymore.

Look I can cancel out as many games as I want as many times as I want it is none of thier business on how many times I do this.

Look Gamestop isnt the only place in town to preorder games from or buy games from I think I might find a new business to buy my games from.

Anyone else tired of the snobbish attidue from Gamestop.

Look the only time I preorder games is when a big AAA game comes out such as DA, ME, Fable, Smackdown, 1 or 2 portable games depends on which ones are awesome and Metroid Prime and some Nintendo Games.

According to them I cancel out my games to much I wouldnt be doing that if they kept on changing the release dates on all the time or not even have one of the dates up it will say pre-order with now date.

Other times I will preorder if my game comes with cool collector's stuff or comes in a cool case such as Fable 3, ME or Star Wars TFU that usually comes in a cool tin case.

I am tired of Gamestop and this is the reason I think they suck !!!!
#2FraustPosted 7/24/2010 3:17:48 PM
I only pre order limited run games as big name games are super easy to get. Why pre order a game you know you can get day one?
#3whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2010 4:20:05 PM
Cause when you preorder sometimes you can get some cool stuff when you preorder such as soundtracks, clothes such as shirts and hats and posters.
#4RedTygaPosted 7/24/2010 8:22:35 PM

I recently pre-ordered DA 2 for my 360 but I canceled it out cause I am unsure of the 2011 release date while I know it is headed for Q1st 2011 but unknown when that will be.

So I canceled out my preoder and then the gamestop guy pops and attidude promblem with me saying I am not allowed to preoder anymore games anymore.

Look I can cancel out as many games as I want as many times as I want it is none of thier business on how many times I do this.

Look Gamestop isnt the only place in town to preorder games from or buy games from I think I might find a new business to buy my games from.

Anyone else tired of the snobbish attidue from Gamestop.

Look the only time I preorder games is when a big AAA game comes out such as DA, ME, Fable, Smackdown, 1 or 2 portable games depends on which ones are awesome and Metroid Prime and some Nintendo Games.

According to them I cancel out my games to much I wouldnt be doing that if they kept on changing the release dates on all the time or not even have one of the dates up it will say pre-order with now date.

Other times I will preorder if my game comes with cool collector's stuff or comes in a cool case such as Fable 3, ME or Star Wars TFU that usually comes in a cool tin case.

I am tired of Gamestop and this is the reason I think they suck !!!!

It was not right that they coped an attitude with you, but you have to realize they are a retail business. They get graded on how many pre-orders they get every day, and canceling a pre-order hurts them. Also, Gamestop does not create dates, the publisher of the game does. If the publisher pushes back or pushes forward a release date then Gamestop will update accordingly.

Personally, I think it's a ****y reason to say why Gamestop sucks. If you want to get the game, then why cancel the pre-order simply because you don't know the exact date?
---
"1.30" not 1.3 ... jesus - GANGSTER5557
#5Ace2021Posted 7/24/2010 10:16:52 PM
It sounds like the sales rep was just a douchebag. I had some good experiences when I bought from gamestop (aside from all the upsales BS they push), then I discovered the magic of amazon.com ....
---
GT: Valor Within
Currently playing: UFC 2010, Bayonetta, MW2
#6whatnow12012(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2010 5:33:59 AM
Everytime I go into gamestop there is usually someone new in there I hardly preorder just when something I really really want such as a sequel to this or ME 3 or Parasite EVe for my PSP.

I only preorder the best of the best mostly I preorder games that comes with stuff or a collector's edition which I think DA 2 will have a CE of it will be 79.99 and would likely come in a cool case with DLC stuff.

I am anxiously awaiting more news on DA O unannounced DLC they also stated that the story between the Warden and Morrigan isnt over could this possibly be a new DLC or even a new epansion such as Awakening.

I am liking of what I see in DA 2 it seems they are going the ME way with a pre-done MC meaning you cant change thier name but you can add in your 1st one such as ME also you can customize in some way similar to ME and choose 3 classes.

I suspect the level of customization to be about the same that it was in DA O but only now you can just be a male or female human no other races are avaialble and no more origins.

People sound down about this but I am actually excited to learn more on Hawke also how awesome is the 10 year deal plus improved graphics and new combat system.

Also even more cooler is that Flemeth is a possible party memeber but will Flemeth be the original Flemeth or in possesion of a new body with a younger look.

I plan on playing my DA 2 as a Male 1st naming hawke with my 1st name and middle entitial such as Shepard was I plan on playing as a Warrior.

I beat DA O multiple times so I plan on doing the same in DA 2 both Male and Female to see the diffrences.

I am still keeping my preorder but I plan on doing less business with gamestop cause of their sucky douchebag attidudes I can preorder and cancel my games as many times as I want.

But I usually just cancel out when there is no set date or no date at all when the game just says pre-order or if the game just has a place holder date that says 12-31

I cant wait to find more on DA O DLC and also more news on DA 2 in the next months.

Also rumors of ME 3 hitting in March 2011.
#7jjdoomPosted 7/26/2010 4:04:53 PM
Why don't you just wait for a set date before you preorder, rather than going through the hassle? (Though we all know that a set date isn't set in stone until the game releases) Plus, I like how you say you only preorder "AAA Titles", then mention Smackdown. While I normally don't go grammar police, you don't need to start a new paragraph for each sentence.
#8tobelightPosted 7/28/2010 10:32:38 AM
1 word = Gamefly
#9SoliceKirskPosted 7/28/2010 11:39:59 AM
Why would you bother preordering something before a release date was announced and then cancel it when it still doesn't have a release date? The status of the game never really changed.

My guess is you do this all the time at the same location and they are sick of you. Just my guess though.
#10ironmonk36Posted 7/31/2010 9:30:57 PM

I worked at gamestop for years (not anymore). Yes it can be a little fun to talk aboutgames allday but it is still a sales job. Gamestop employees have a certain number of reserves and subscriptions they have to meet. If they have 3 reserves for the day and their numbers are good and someone cancels apre-order there get a reserve subtracted from the numbers even if they had nothing to do with it. It sucks it's that way because gamestop does not pay commission at all when you sells stuff for them and they only pay minimum wage usually. So when you take a reserve off they could get in trouble for not meeting their quota. It is your right to take your money back of course it is. If I reserve something like naughty bear and it gets horrible reviews and I change my mind I would cancel it but move it to something like Mafia 2. I plan on buying alot more games anyway so I just transfer it. Even though it sucks for them they shouldn't give you an attitude and tell you that you can preorder games.