should i give Merrill the arulin'holm or not? (spoilers?)

#1JIM12306Posted 3/11/2011 8:30:46 PM
Merrill needs it for her weird Mirror thingy.

But the Keeper advices that i do not giving it to her.

So what should i do with it and why?
---
Do i make you feel pretty?
#2Seekcro2010Posted 3/11/2011 8:31:31 PM
Do you trust Merrill?
---
Official Barkeep of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim board.
The Crabdom are a bunch of trolls.
#3JIM12306(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 8:36:11 PM
Sure. I trust her about as much as I'd trust Vengeance to watch my back.
---
#4forgottenH3R0Posted 3/11/2011 8:43:07 PM
i let here have it, but im sure it will have negative repercussions in the future.
---
Games I am waiting for: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2
Official Knight of the White Stallion of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Board.
#5JIM12306(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 8:44:17 PM
In all seriousness though.

She still hasn't told me what this Mirror is supposed to do.

And the only things i know about it is that It's the reason why Merrill decided to learn Blood Magic and that some other Elf apparently died because of this Mirror somehow.

But other then that. I'm drawing a blank.

So what i am trying to ask here is. What are the short and/or long term pros and cons giving Merrill the arulin'holm so she can repair that Mirror.
---
#6RickRock504Posted 3/11/2011 8:46:14 PM
If you have a few minutes. Take a half an hour and play through the Dalish origin in Origins.
#7forgottenH3R0Posted 3/11/2011 8:46:41 PM
if you played origins then you encounter the mirror twice. it was corrupted, but it did lead to the one elves death. not much is known about them, but the mirrors are powerful.
---
Games I am waiting for: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2
Official Knight of the White Stallion of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Board.
#8Seekcro2010Posted 3/11/2011 8:48:23 PM
If you give it to her, you can romance her and/or do more of her personal quests later on.

The mirror was suppose to be a way of communication between the old elves, but it seems to be corrupted. My Dalish Elf from the first had to be recruited into the wardens to escape death.
---
Official Barkeep of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim board.
The Crabdom are a bunch of trolls.
#9Purple_CheetahPosted 3/11/2011 8:51:03 PM
Mirror is supposed to be an old relic from their past that allowed different clans to see/communicate to each other. Pretty much.
It relied on dalish/elvhen magic.

If you played the Dalish origin in DAO, you'd recognize the mirror, it's the same one that corrupted Tamlen and the player's character at the start.
Yep, she kept it all this time and... well I'll keep some info to myself.

She basically wants to restore it so she can try to get knowledge from the past.
---
Boom
#10JIM12306(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2011 9:03:13 PM
Oh. I played through Origins until the point where the game would not allow me to start a New Game with a fresh new character without deleting an entire play through. And all of those playthroughs were Human ones and i didn't feel like purposely deleting any of them after having spent some 80+ hours on each of them. So aside from those occasions when more DLC was released i never bothered much with Origin's much after that.

And DLC aside that was all within a handful of months after it was first released and haven't touched it much sense then. And aside from a handful of events I have forgotten almost everything about it.

Anyways. That doesn't sound too bad when you say it like that. So i guess I'll just go ahead and give it to her.
---