Modded saves make this game a lot more fun.

#81darth_turturPosted 3/29/2011 9:01:18 AM
livestgamer09 posted...
how do you hex edit? reading this really makes me want to try it out

There are two types of programs out right now (and I DO NOT take credit for any of these - full credit goes to the authors) Search on Google to download them:

Essential Tools

Horizon Beta
USB Explorer (if you're using flash drives to transfer saves)
Hashblock Calculator

Mod Tools:

FirstBlight

This is a "basic" editing tool for DA2. You can edit things like your level, EXP points, Attributes, Skill points, Specialization points, equipment editing (damage, attack values, etc.). You can also edit your companions' equipment (armor, weapons, rings, etc.). Very easy tool to use. Read the tutorials on resigning saves though as this is crucial especially if you're using your USB flash drive to transfer saves to and from your X360

The GFF Editor

Now if you really want to harness the game's content (including wearing all three Champion armors at the very beginning of the game) this is what you will need. Again, as in any gamesave modding tool, you have to read all the tutorials online to get a better understanding of what you're doing and what you're ultimately getting. This tool (which First Blight cannot do at the moment) is to edit your entire inventory as well. The limitation with First Blight is that you need to have the equipment (armors and such) equipped to any of your characters in order for you to edit their values. With this tool, as long as it is in your inventory, you can edit those as well.

In addition, this tool will allow you to change any of your characters' look. In fact, here's a complete look of what my latest save is right now:

Level 50 Mage (At the Start of Year 1)
All Attributes at 100
All Skills Selected
All 3 Specializations Selected and Maxed (Force Mage, Healer, and Blood Mage)
Replaced Enthropy Skill Tree with S&S Skill - allows wielding a One-Handed sword without the need to have a shield
All 3 Champion Armor Set (Chestpiece, Gauntlets, Boots, and Helm)
Pantheon Staff (Same Staff as the opening move where Hawke is fighting the Arishok) - 4,500 Damage and Immunity to Flanking and Knockdowns

COMPANION Edits:
Carver - Wearing the "Grey Warden Armor" that matches Varric's "Exhagerated Story"
Isabela - Turned into Cassandra wielding dual swords (not daggers)
Anders - Equiped with the First Enchanter's Staff
Merril - Turned her to look like Bethany (don't worry, I'm not romancing her or anything)
Fenris - Human Male wearing the Marcher Plate Armor

Hope that helps!
#82darth_turturPosted 3/29/2011 9:08:11 AM
jkocka00 posted...
if anyone could e-mail me with a tutorial on how to hex edit that would be greatly appreciated. "Thumbs Up" glitch is really killing my second playthrough. (I already have firstblight downloaded but can't figure out how to use it properly) e-mail- jkocka00@yahoo.com

If you're using First Blight - first, go to your inventory (in-game) and equip Hawke with any kind of jewelry that has multiple properties (there is a cheap ring that you can buy in lowtown that has damage, attack, critical hit%, and something else).

Now, save your game and open up First Blight. The ring should show up in the tab under Main Char equipment 7 (or 8)...

All you have to do is to modify one of the properties with this:

Attack Speed
Value 30

As long as your ring is equipped, this should nullify the Isabela glitch and allow your character to keep a solid +10 to 15% attack speed. You can go crazy with it too by adding other properties to the ring.

Hope that helps!
#83CronicNytemarePosted 3/29/2011 9:20:16 AM
PMed ya.
#84livestgamer09Posted 3/29/2011 9:51:59 AM
thanx i'll try it later
---
GT - x whiplash 09 / PSN - emcc09
#85project_nightPosted 3/29/2011 11:11:43 AM
It's good that a lot of you are learning how to do this yourself. If you are interested in this stuff, I recommend learning how to manually hex edit as well, so you don't have to rely on having programs to save edit other games.

Anyways, I'm almost done with my playthrough (mid-Act3) and will start working on a save on Thursday (if you guys still want it). Making the save itself won't take me long, but i'll have to clean it up and test it for a few hours.

I'm probably going to leave all the faces default except Aveline, since some people might not want them changed. You guys have preference on what face I should use for her? I use Cassandra, but if you want something more lore friendly, I might just use the Hawke red head preset or something.

The save will start at the very beginning of the game.

*back to college work*

#86Gojira123Posted 3/29/2011 11:21:57 AM
project_night posted...
It's good that a lot of you are learning how to do this yourself. If you are interested in this stuff, I recommend learning how to manually hex edit as well, so you don't have to rely on having programs to save edit other games.

Anyways, I'm almost done with my playthrough (mid-Act3) and will start working on a save on Thursday (if you guys still want it). Making the save itself won't take me long, but i'll have to clean it up and test it for a few hours.

I'm probably going to leave all the faces default except Aveline, since some people might not want them changed. You guys have preference on what face I should use for her? I use Cassandra, but if you want something more lore friendly, I might just use the Hawke red head preset or something.

*back to college work*

Yes please im still interested in a save. The most important thing for me is the champion armors being available at beginning if thats ok
#87project_nightPosted 3/29/2011 11:34:14 AM
Gojira123 posted...
Yes please im still interested in a save. The most important thing for me is the champion armors being available at beginning if thats ok

Yeah, it will have the weapons and armor.
#88swifty861Posted 3/29/2011 11:37:27 AM
Can anyone help me with the problem of loading a save and it says its corrupted?
Im using First Blight and Modio.

Stick save on USB, Open with Modio and extract to desktop, Open First Blight change BB# (which i believe is mage restriction) to 'Improve with level up', Save. Open save in Modio, Rehash and Resign, Click save to device and save it. Copy over to Xbox.

I must be missing something but I don't know what. Cheers.
#89CronicNytemarePosted 3/29/2011 12:11:15 PM
I've heard Modio sometimes screws with the save when extracting with it. Try USB Xtaf Gui, or Horizon to extract the save from usb. and try it?
#90jarvis008Posted 3/29/2011 12:28:23 PM
Gojira123 posted...
project_night posted...

*back to college work*

That sounds amazing. Please let us know on here when you've done it. Cheers.