How in the world do you loot the staff Eye of the storm off Danarius???

#1Bluedawn005Posted 3/27/2011 4:35:22 PM
I've done the quest Alone a bunch of times killed Danarius who's suppose to drop it but you can't ever loot his corpse so how in the world do you get it it's driving me mad
---
"I swear to god if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am Quiting!" --- Carter, Eureka
#2Seymour_NatusPosted 3/27/2011 4:56:27 PM

Bluedawn005 posted...
I've done the quest Alone a bunch of times killed Danarius who's suppose to drop it but you can't ever loot his corpse so how in the world do you get it it's driving me mad
---
"I swear to god if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am Quiting!" --- Carter, Eureka

I think you get it automatically, I have the staff; I don't remember if I bought it or if I got it after the battle.

#3Bluedawn005(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2011 6:34:42 PM
Please help me out I'm a primal Mage and I really want this staff
---
#4TroymrPosted 3/27/2011 10:57:55 PM
If you press LT and bring up the radial menu, you can loot corpses during battle. Just be near his corpse and press A when the little eye icon is on his corpse and it'll loot it when you leave the menu. I assume that should work as long as you kill him before killing the last of the other enemies.
---
"Words do not even begin to describe how screwed I am." - Phoenix Wright
#5JerisGSPosted 3/28/2011 3:47:36 AM
Also if you are close to his body when the fight ends, there is about 1 second to loot him before you hit the cutscene.

This also goes for grabbing one the History of the Chantry books where you miss it if you don't loot during the fight or in that small window just after.
#6Bluedawn005(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 4:21:11 AM
Yeah I've tried that trick with the LT button but he doesn't glitter or weatever so he lootble. And trying to keep any of his minions alive while you fight him is extremely hard to do cause there so weak I've even let all my party members die but me and I still end up with all his guys dead before him.

Has anyone actully gotten it?
---
#7KILLSTREAKPosted 3/28/2011 4:39:23 AM
I have it, but the staff from the black emporium is so much better than all the others I keep picking up, so much so it kind of spoils the fun of picking new gear up.. :-(
#8Bluedawn005(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 5:02:15 AM
I would get the staff from the black emporium but that doesnt have a ranged attack does it? You have to get up close like with a sword. I don't like that with my Mage I like staying back. I play with 2 DPS mages Merril and me, Varic at range also doing his beianca thing and Avaline tanking works well to killed the High dragon on second try when I got the idea of what happens during the fight. And I was only lv 15
---
#9gamer6879403333Posted 3/28/2011 5:07:55 AM
What? There isn't a single mage weapon that isn't long and short ranged.
---
They shot a diamond made of iron at a car moving at 400 walls per hour-One of the dumbest sentences ever.
#10Bluedawn005(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 5:13:08 AM
That's why I'm asking there's a couple of Staffa that say "physical" instead of you know fire,ice,spirit ect.
So does the final thought shoot something at long range as well? Like other staffs. I figured when it said physical it ment up close and personnal.
---