Mage Armor (might have spoilers)

#1ARTICCAT50CALPosted 4/3/2011 10:58:50 AM
Is there any armor that a mage can wear..... im not talknig about robes and the cruddy leather stuff....im talking about metal like the champion mage armor at the end of the game... but maybay something like it earlier in the game?????????????????????????
#2JAM730Posted 4/3/2011 11:02:17 AM
ARTICCAT50CAL posted...
Is there any armor that a mage can wear..... im not talknig about robes and the cruddy leather stuff....im talking about metal like the champion mage armor at the end of the game... but maybay something like it earlier in the game?????????????????????????

*SPOILER*
Only way a mage can wear soldiers armor is if they take points in strength and constitution, and only THEN would they qualify for it.
#3ARTICCAT50CAL(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2011 11:04:15 AM
JAM730 posted...
ARTICCAT50CAL posted...

*SPOILER*
Only way a mage can wear soldiers armor is if they take points in strength and constitution, and only THEN would they qualify for it.

so jam i think that regular plate armor in beggining of game looks pretty cool.... its white and i kno it wouldnt be best defence but do u think i should do that or just go with robes ......or is there not any mage armor like that..?
#4arkff7Posted 4/3/2011 11:27:31 AM
play as the female and just go nekkid lol
#5ARTICCAT50CAL(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2011 11:37:18 AM
arkff7 posted...
play as the female and just go nekkid lol

i need to kno if theres any armor like it....
#6UnderYourSpellPosted 4/3/2011 1:00:06 PM
The only "armor" specifically for mages is stuff you won't see until Act 3, specifically the Champion's Robe and Battlemage Armaments. Both are sweet-looking. But there are robes that don't look the way you'd expect throughout the game.

Act 1: Apostate's Robe, Smuggler's Strapping.

Act 2: Robe of the Notorious Pirate, Heavy Velvet Robes.

Look around. :-)
---
"Alot means nothing, and is therefore not to be used under any circumstances."
#7WetaiPosted 4/3/2011 1:01:05 PM
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Item_sets_%28Dragon_Age_II%29#Mage_armor_sets
They're still robes, but equipping all the items from each mage set grants bonuses. I don't think you can equip plate armours, as mages' robes are lightweight to facilitate uses of their hands so they can use spells, traditionally. Like how rogues use leather to allow easy movement and stuff.
---
PSN: Extumum
#8ARTICCAT50CAL(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2011 1:55:28 PM
UnderYourSpell posted...
The only "armor" specifically for mages is stuff you won't see until Act 3, specifically the Champion's Robe and Battlemage Armaments. Both are sweet-looking. But there are robes that don't look the way you'd expect throughout the game.

Act 1: Apostate's Robe, Smuggler's Strapping.

Act 2: Robe of the Notorious Pirate, Heavy Velvet Robes.

Look around. :-)

OH YES!!! perfect.... ok i seen pics of the bm armaments and its cool....... i was wondering how to get it!!
#9TSotPPosted 4/4/2011 11:25:36 PM
on a similar note.

are there any armor chest peices that have a decent +health/con and +health regen. I'm playing a blood mage but like wearing armor. i've already got a hood, gloves, 2 rings and an amulet that improves blood magic (still looking for boots and a belt though)
---
"What are you but my reflection? Who am I to judge or strike you down?" - Push it - Tool
#10SupaPowersPosted 4/4/2011 11:28:32 PM(edited)
*Slight Spoilers... Well, not really. More like an extremely vague hint :P*

They're scattered throughout Act 3. May have to kill a few bad guys to find 'em ;)
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So long and thanks for all the fish.