can i use the staff of parthalan the hole time and not have a problem

#1Bluemoon44Posted 4/8/2011 9:35:42 AM
just wondering if anyone else went mage and didnt use any other mage weapons since its the coolest looking one
#2ericcarterPosted 4/8/2011 9:44:57 AM
Well it will weaken over time relitive to your leave and enemy level. I guess if you boost your magic as high as you can you could. I wouldn't you get some better staff in act one and some of them look cool too.
#3todd_360Posted 4/8/2011 2:47:35 PM
I use nothing but that staff on casual and normal without any issues. Had a little trouble on hard but after working out some tactics it was fine.
---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II
#4Bluemoon44(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2011 3:51:23 PM
thanks wish it was a level as you go staff
#5xsniper90xPosted 4/8/2011 4:57:08 PM
i prefer the staff you get from the desire demon in forbidden tomb. parthalan staff may look good, but once i find stats that are higher, ill go for that one.
---
psn: hitman555z
~~~Would you kindly? ~~~
#6cornishpetePosted 4/8/2011 5:02:03 PM
i read that someone with the pc version modded the staff to be level as you go and it actually turned out weaker at the start than it is normally.
---
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -
#7SupaPowersPosted 4/8/2011 11:13:51 PM

i prefer the staff you get from the desire demon in forbidden tomb. parthalan staff may look good, but once i find stats that are higher, ill go for that one.

I'm using that one on my mage right now :P It seems pathetically smaller and thinner than the other staves, lol.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
So long and thanks for all the fish.
#8Stealth3905Posted 4/9/2011 7:19:06 AM

I didn't use the Staff of Parathan. It does help with stamina. But, there are better staffs than that. The others you can add runes to them.

#9todd_360Posted 4/9/2011 11:07:32 AM
You can add a rune to the Staff of Parthalan too...It's not a bad staff. It holds up pretty good for the beginning and mid-game. End game its a little crappy compared to the others you can get but your stats usually make up for that anyways.
---
PSN ID: todd360
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age II
#10FruitOfTheDoomPosted 4/9/2011 4:21:13 PM(edited)
No, except on Casual though you will still suck damage-wise.

Your spell damage is based on your staff damage, unlike in DAO where it was based in your spellpower rating (derived from magic stat and certain bonuses). Your magic stat does very little compared to your base staff damage rating and your level. It's a pretty crappy system.

For instance, the fireball attack does 1.3x the damage your staff does per shot.
---
All puns intended! (especially sexually suggestive ones)